Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Autoupdate Wont Install

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 try

try

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:08 AM

I have a problem with my Autoupdate in xp. I've just built a new comp, and installed my xp pro on it. Problem is that now it do not autoupdate. The uodates will dl ok, but when they is to be installed it just takes secunds then I get "some updates could not be installed", and non is installed. Its ok if I go to DL Center and dl every upgrade one by one, but this is a serious pain in the backside. My MB is a MSI P35 NEO2-FR with a dual 2 core cpu, and I have the latest inf drivers from MSI homepage installed.

I seriously hope that someone can help me

Yours
try

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:18 AM

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/

Take a look at "Updates fail to install...." under Problem Downloading/Installing.

Louis

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:53 PM

Hi try, welcome to BC! :thumbsup:

Have you by any chance performed a restore installation of XP in the last few months? A recent snafu by MS has led to errors with Windows Update on computers where XP had been repaired.

#4 try

try
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2007 - 08:34 AM

I have to admit that I had completly forgotten that I had to do a repair... And shortly after I had written here I ran across an article that explained the problem, and how to correkt it. But thanks for the promt reply and help

try

#5 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:29 AM

try

[quote][I have to admit that I had completly forgotten that I had to do a repair... And shortly after I had written here I ran across an article that explained the problem, and how to correkt it. But thanks for the promt reply and help

try/quote]

Would you be so kind as to link to the article?

#6 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 03 November 2007 - 10:23 AM

He probably means this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users