Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Orbicam Software Problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Shadowdance

Shadowdance

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:13 PM

Ok lets get it from the start!

My laptop is Acer Aspire Series 5100, my OS is XP SP2 -- ATI RADEON 1100 -- AMD TURION 64 -- DIRECT X 9c -- REALTEK HIGH DEF. AUDIO

My camera is Orbicam, also built-in.

I had big problems adjusting its properties like exposure etc, usually via Skype, but no Skype anymore, so no more adjustments!

So i decided to go hunting the web and find a good program free, or to purchase, so to i can adjust it.

First thing I did, was to go to the Acer Site!

I chose Drivers/Utilities and then my model.

I have found 4 diffirent software -- 2 of them were drivers, 2 of them were utility.

Like a smart (?) user, I saw the "Orbicam Software" Only for ORBICAMS like mine, and especially for my model.

I installed it. I chose "drivers & software" install. And then, In the step 4, it says that it have detected my camera, I actually SEE myself in it --which means it works -- and I press DONE in my installer.

When I start the program, I face this :

Posted Image

WHYYYYY lol i dont get it!!!

So plz if u cant help me with the Orbicam Software, plz suggest me programs for built-in webcams for only adjusting... I am furious i ve tried the software a hundred times....

Your help is valuable, everytime i have a problem u always try to help me guys, u have my thanx in advance!

WIN 7 ULTIMATE EN, AMD Dual-Core A4-6320, 3.8GHz (Turbo 4GHz), MB: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. A55BM-E Rev X.0x, DDR3 SIN 1333 4GB, AMD Radeon HD 8370D, Realtek High Definition Audio,

Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 500GB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users