Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp With A Vista Skin, Somsone Help Please?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 monkpart9

monkpart9

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:24 PM

Aright so recently my computer got an upgrade of a new hard-drive, now along with that it got some additional features. You see the person who installed the harddrive also took the liberty of installing a new interface which i got to say i dont like at all. Now my point is since im not aloud to get rid of it, i might as well cuztomize it the best i can so its more convenient to me. Theres this thing called "styler" toolbar i think and It replaces the recylce bin as well as adds a couple new features, anyway what I want back is the plain old Recycle bin icon, so i dont have to have a whole program open just to delete something....

Ill probably remember more things to inquire about but if someone could tell me how to get my good old recycle bin back for now, id be really grateful.
If you do things right, then people won't know if you've done anything at all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,560 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:40 AM

I would think that the easiest/best thing to do is...take the system back to whomever "customized" it and see that it's returned with what you want, not the other person.

It is your system, right?

Louis

#3 monkpart9

monkpart9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2007 - 03:34 PM

Well, see my dad likes the new Vista Transformation pack and want so keep it the way it is but i dont. I just want my recycle bin back! Its pretty rediculous that they cant make it easier and just include a recycle bin icon on the desktop, instead i have to open a whole program before i can delete something. Unless im missing something here.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,560 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2007 - 03:46 PM

Well...since none of us here at the forum...know what was done and how...and the person who did DOES know, I repeat my question.

Louis

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:49 PM

If you have your own user account, you should be able to restore the theme for your account only, leaving your dad's account with the new theme.

RIght click on the desktop and click "Properties". That will bring up the Display Properties window. On The "Themes" tab, you can choose the theme you want from the menu. Then, on the "Appearance" tab, you can choose your color scheme and Window style.

You can get more skins and themes from Microsoft at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...op/default.mspx or just Google it.

#6 monkpart9

monkpart9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:56 PM

Thanks guys. : )

#7 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 06 November 2007 - 03:18 PM

Thanks guys. : )

If everything is working correctly, why not share how you did it so that others with the same problem can learn from your experiences? :thumbsup:

#8 monkpart9

monkpart9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:09 PM

Well, I wasnt able to get my original trash bin icon back; i guess i can live without it. Basically what I did was right click the desktop and went to properties. From there I changed the theme and appearence, to the way i like. : )

#9 CTH_Tom

CTH_Tom

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:24 PM

I like the toilet icon for using as the trash bin along with the flushing sound it makes when you empty it.
X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users