Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free Anti-spam Software For Business

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 deanpcmad

deanpcmad

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:38 PM

Hey,

My Dad runs his own business and has a POP3 Email account. About 5 Months ago our Norton Internet Security subscription ran out so we had loads of spam.
He downloaded a Free copy of SpamFighter. It has lasted fine until someone sent an email saying that his business shouldn't be using software for Personal Use.

He doesn't want to pay for any Anti-Spam Software and has asked me to try and find some Free Anti-Spam Software available for business use.

We use Office Outlook 2007

Thanks
deanpcmad

deanpcmad

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,724 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 01 November 2007 - 03:59 PM

I have never used it nor do I endorse it, but I googled using your phrase and came up with http://www.spamfighter.com/

SPAMfighter Standard is a free tool for Outlook, Outlook Express and Windows Mail that automatically and efficiently filters spam and phishing fraud.

If you need a spam filter for your home/office PC or server, you have come to the right place.

Let us know if it works for you

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2007 - 04:05 PM

mailwasher

mailwasher appears to be a possibility

I can see nowt to say you CANNOT utilise it :thumbsup: it is easy peesy to set up too

BUT do NOT bounce e mails ; just delete them from server via this tool :flowers:

#4 deanpcmad

deanpcmad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:06 AM

I said that we were using SpamFighter and we got a rude email!

Is there any other Free Software available FOR BUSINESSES?

I have McAfee SpamKiller 7. Will this work fine?

Thanks
deanpcmad

deanpcmad

#5 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2007 - 11:13 AM

you cannot stop ANYONE from sending you rude or XXXX e mails but it is how you deal WITH the receipt of such that is the issue

you CAN stop them from reaching the computer ; mailwasher may help in this respect; why not try it and see? it is easy to set up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users