Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Removwe Adware And Spyware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 arobinette

arobinette

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:51 AM

i am computer illiterate and need some help

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 01 November 2007 - 11:34 AM

Hi arobinette,

Your log appears to be clean. Could you tell me why you think you may have spyware or malware on your system? Do you have some symptoms such as excessive popups, it's suddenly slow, etc.? Or are you afraid you might have and want to check?

Since you have double-posted and have received instructions to run SuperAntispyware, please do follow those instructions, but please post the log in this topic. Double posting is frowned on because it causes much confusion. I will be closing your other topic to cut down on that. Please stick with one topic (thread). Here is what I would like you to do so we can make sure everything is in order and as clear as possible:

1. Before posting a log we ask that you go thru some pre-cleaning and some instructions on how to post and keep up with your log topic so everything goes more smoothly. Please click this link--> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

You have already done step :thumbsup: so you can skip that. Please pay particular attention to step :blink: This will send you an email notice when you get a reply to this topic so we can stick to this one thread. When you are ready to make a reply, only click on the Add Reply button when you have this topic open. Another easy way to find your posts when you are on site is to click on the My Topics link toward the top of any bleepingcomputer forum page.

2. Follow all the other steps in the Prep Guide, except for downloading and installing HijackThis, which you've already done. However, we prefer that you do not attach your log. Instead, when you are ready to post, click the Add Reply button to this topic when Notepad opens with your log. Then click inside the HJT log, hold down the Ctrl key and then press A. Now hold Ctrl, press C. This will copy the entire log to the clipboard. Now click inside the text editor field of the forum thread you have open and hold down the Ctrl key and press V. This will paste the entire log. Do the same for the SuperAntispyware log so you can post it in this thread as well.

3. In your reply, let me know if you've had any problems or need any questions answered and please confirm that you have run all the precleaning steps and if anything was found. Also please answer my question about why you think you might be infected and describe in as much detail as possible any symptoms you have, even if it is just that one of your security products has detected something.

I will then check your log(s) again and let you know if we need to check any further. If you are just wondering how to stay safe on the internet, let me know that too, as this subforum is just for removing malware and there are a lot of general information topics in the forums for general safety that I can direct you to.

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users