Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Csc.exe- Application Error

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:41 AM

Hi All,I keep getting a POPUP when Shutting Down or Rebooting.Wondering if someone could help me,Please.

CSC.EXE-Application Error.
This application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142) Click OK to terminate this application.

I haven't a clue where to start. Have had this POP UP for about a week.
Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:06 AM

Please look in your Event Viewer and see what errors are showing up at the times when you are getting these popups. If you right click on the code in the Event column and choose the properties option there will be a description of the error, please post back here with what you find.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:02 AM

Will do, and thanks for the quick reply,'dc3' Much appreciated. :thumbsup:

#4 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:25 AM

I noted the time when I logged off and in the events viewer was this description.Recieved 2 Descriptions.

1. Windows cannot unload your classes registry file.

2.Windows saved user (NO and Name) registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

Not sure how to configure services to run in local or Network service account.Any help would be great.

Edited by DSTM, 01 November 2007 - 07:31 AM.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:41 AM

<<1. Windows cannot unload your classes registry file.>>

<<2.Windows saved user (NO and Name) registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.>>

Worth a read/try: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837115 AND http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/8...75ac/readme.txt

Louis

#6 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:53 AM

That's excellent 'hamluis' Looked in Microsoft and I couldn't find relevent information.This is exactly the problem I'm having,in the link you supplied.
Thanks for the links and I am sure now,I can resolve this issue. :thumbsup:
Thanks to 'dc3' also for steering me in the right direction.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,552 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:55 AM

Good luck :thumbsup:!

Louis

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:48 PM

I received a PM from DSTM in which he explains that he forgot to mention the fact that this problem started after downloading Spybot S&D. He performed a system restore to the day previous to the download and solved his problem.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#9 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2007 - 01:22 AM

I did forget to mention this point, and now realize my problems would have been much easier for our willing helpers to diagnose,had I mentioned it.My sincere apologies in this instance.All is working great now. Big thanks to all who helped. :thumbsup:

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,552 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:26 AM

Feedback appreciated :thumbsup:.

Louis

#11 Fred_01

Fred_01

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2007 - 02:27 PM

I've had the same app popup but not at startup or shutdown, but continuously. CSC.exe is supposed to be the C# command line compiler, most likely from my recent install of Visual Studio 2005. The popup seems to spawn another CSC process everytime you click the OK to terminate button. I just slide it off to the side. Otherwise it comes back immediately with the same message and a changed address at times. You can kill all but the one of the CSC processes.

I have "repaired" VS2005 but that didn't seem to work. I suppose I'll have to uninstall it or all the .NET frameworks to ditch the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users