Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange Slow Downs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AussieDan

AussieDan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 01 November 2007 - 02:39 AM

Hi peoples,

Yes I'm new to the forum. I have a strange problem. I use firefox and I know I must have triggered a spyware/malware/virus recently - I clicked on a link and some strange music played in the background, no pop ups. It just seemed odd so I ran a virus check and found a vundo virus. I applied the delete action.

However, from that point on the net runs for about 20 minutes (not even at full pace), slows, then grinds to a halt after about 30 minutes. Sometimes it doesn't work at all. A reboot takes me back to the begging, after which it all starts over.

I use a certain type of downloading software that has never worked since the problem.

However, there are zero pop ups and in fact, if I run AVG anti-virus and anti-spyware, nothing comes up (that in itself is strange because I always get at least a few tracking cookies, but nothing). Superantispyware turns up nothing. Vundofix - nothing.

I have HijackThis - would a log help? I know something is wrong but without pop ups etc I have nothing to pin it to. Any help would be much appreciated!

EDIT: I had anti-hacking features (NVIDIA) enabled along with the windows firewall! That was the problem all along. Turned out the internet would slow down when the download manager was running and the download manager would simply not work.

Anyhoo..... :thumbsup:

Edited by AussieDan, 01 November 2007 - 03:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 annabackwards

annabackwards

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:27 AM

:thumbsup: to the forum!
Yes, a HijackThis log would be great.

Please click here and follow all steps that you have not already completed and then post the log.

Do not alter your computer before you receive a reply for the HijackThis Log. This is because fixes will be based on the information you supply when you made the log.

Also be patient, as there are only a limited number of helpers and a large demand. If you receive no reply within 5 days, please post the link to your thread in the thread here

Good luck :flowers:

Edited by annabackwards, 01 November 2007 - 05:32 AM.

Posted Image

Surf smarter, surf faster, surf safer, surf with Mozilla Firefox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users