Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm New Here, Hello All.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RknRusty

RknRusty

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 31 October 2007 - 10:55 PM

My name is Rusty and I'm retired from the office machines industry, which I entered after graduating from DeVry Tech in Atlanta. I Live in Columbia, SC and was in technical service since 1979, for B&W and color copiers, fax, and eventually computers when the PC came out. I mostly grew up on DOS 5 and then on to Windows 3.1 and up and up.

I frequently go to the Microsoft newsgroups for Q&A, but many of those people are so self-important that it's hard to get a good answer these days. So, here I am. This looks like a really good forum to talk about computer stuff, that mainly being my XP Home system.

Mostly, I just like to tinker and keep my system tuned up. I enjoy having a lean organized system. Some of my favorite tools are Process Explorer and AutoRuns from Sysinternals. I've learned a lot about what's happening in my system with those. I help people when I can, but I'm pretty careful about that, since I know how easy it is to trash a system while performing well meaning tweaks.

Anyway, my Norton Internet Security 2007 is about to expire, and I'm ready to s#!t can it and get something with a smaller footprint, like, maybe AVG. My first posts will be about that topic.

Rusty

Edited by RknRusty, 31 October 2007 - 11:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:19 AM

Hello, Rusty.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Please take the time to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.
If you have any questions about how to use this site, this forum will probably answer them.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:02 PM

It's always good to meet another computer minimalist!
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 malsme

malsme

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 01 November 2007 - 04:06 PM

Welcome aboard Rusty. Im sure that you are not as laid back as you make out,but I'll keep watching out for you.Best wishes from UK.

#5 RknRusty

RknRusty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:55 PM

Thanks for the welcomes. I need to spend some time figuring out exactly what it is I need to know, but I'll jump into the fray pretty soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users