Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Install Or Uninstall Anything!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 spank6467

spank6467

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 31 October 2007 - 10:39 PM

I just replaced my motherboard, I went from a 945GPM to a 945GCNL. I also changed Processors, P4 3Ghz to a Pent D 925 Ghz. I had the new chip in the old board and it worked fine. When I boot up the new board and try to install all the Drivers from the CD, I keep getting this error: Intel® Express Installer < The application failed to initialize] successfully-(E0441203). I also can't get a task bar/start button to appear which I had on the primary boot. I can access the web via Firefox and Netscape, IE won't load, neither will Windows Media Player. I went to the Intel site and downloaded the drivers from there and still no luck. I can't even uninstall anything, :thumbsup: checked the Bios and my audio is enabled but I have no sound. Is there a way I can access the Control Panel without a START button? I just know don't what else to do, Can somebody Please Help Me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 01 November 2007 - 04:31 AM

Did your hdd have an OS already installed from another build, or did you reinstall the OS after installing the new motherboard?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 01 November 2007 - 03:07 PM

You can open different Control Panel applets through the "Run" command
http://commandwindows.com/runline.htm
Mark
found some various workarounds for different errors here
http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards

Edited by garmanma, 01 November 2007 - 03:15 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 spank6467

spank6467
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:43 PM

Thanks garmanma, Yes dc3, The OS was already was installed on my hard drive from the older setup and was working fine until I KO'd it by screwing with the memory settings. I still have the old motherboard is there a way to get into CMOS or reset it after tampering with it?

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:44 PM

Thanks garmanma, Yes dc3, The OS was already was installed on my hard drive from the older setup and was working fine until I KO'd it by screwing with the memory settings. I still have the old motherboard is there a way to get into CMOS or reset it after tampering with it?

Look in the mobo manual. It should show you where the clear CMOS jumper is located or pull the mobo battery for 5 minutes
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 spank6467

spank6467
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:14 PM

Tried the jumpers, nothing, battery had been out for over a day, still nothing. This thing is driving me> :thumbsup:!

#7 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:29 PM

I see you have a HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum.

You shouldn't make any changes to your system, while your HJT log is posted, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.
At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

I'm closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team.
If, after your log has been cleaned, you still need help, please PM a Moderator and we will re-open this topic.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users