Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Configuration Data Is Corrupt

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Jim_S

Jim_S

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:49 PM

I think I may have made a big mistake, I inadvertently manually deleted ACDSee Pro2 and now I keep getting a Windows Installer dialog box that reads: “The configuration data for this product is corrupt. Contact your support personnel” I believe I may have deleted something I should not have. I’ve downloaded Windows Installer 3.1 and that did not help. I can load(install) other programs with no problems, but I can’t reinstall ACDSee Pro2 .I’ve downloaded from different sites and still the same results.
Anybody have any Ideas I can try. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 4ward_tristan

4ward_tristan

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:59 PM

hm maybe something in the registry is causing you greif? unfortunatly i dont know much in the feild of registry cleaners, someone else may be able to lend a suggestion or 6 :D otherwise just misc. search for acdse in there?

goodluck
=)

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:35 PM

This might help
Windows Installer cleanup utility
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,839 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:25 PM

You could also just manually delete any files and all registry entries for ACDSee Pro, using Explorer/Search and regedit. ACDSee is not like Real, Quick Time, and other system hogs that throw files everywhere.

Louis

#5 Jim_S

Jim_S
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:01 PM

Thanks hamluis,

I’ve deleted everything I can think of. I used Windows Search for “ACDSee”. Removed a few files. Then I used a program called “jv16PT” and searched the registry for “ACDSee” and deleted a lot of left over files that were still there after deleting the program. Tried to install again with the same results “ “The configuration data for this product is corrupt. Contact your support personnel”
Is it possible to use the Windows disk to maybe repair the file?

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:14 PM

The Windows disk is for fixing Windows files not the photo manager's. Are you using the full version or the free trial?Have a look in our Freeware Replacements for a possible alternative
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,839 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:37 AM

Hmmm...jv16 PowerTools should have been able to find everything and remove it.

You did use the jv16 PT search for both registry files and system files, right?

Be sure you have read the instructions for using jv16 PT before doing anything.

Louis

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2007 - 07:02 AM

When you delete the registry values for ACDSee - you only delete the values that have the string "ACDSee" in them. It's possible that the key above it in the registry structure may have values that affect ACDSee - but don't reflect that particular string. The problem with this is that you've gotta "guess" correctly when you delete them - because the chances of hosing your system are dramatically increased when doing this.

Backup the registry before doing this and you'll decrease the chances of not being able to recover from a accident.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:18 AM

Basically, windows installer is complaing that ACDSee Pro is installed, but the file can't be found.
This might be because it was deleted. Surely I jest. I'll try to find the key for the Windows
installer that it's complaining about. No gaurantees, but I'll try my best.

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,839 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:28 AM

Loooonnnng shot :thumbsup:: You could download/install Autoruns and see if there is a prompt running at boot (which can be nullified/deleted in Autoruns).

AutoRuns for Windows v8.73 - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern...s/AutoRuns.mspx

Louis

#11 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:30 AM

hamluis,

Bravo, I missed that one. You're on top of it today.

#12 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,839 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2007 - 10:40 AM

Must be that Geritol I started taking this morning :thumbsup:, thanks.

Louis

#13 Jim_S

Jim_S
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2007 - 04:42 PM

Guys, I downloaded AutoRuns for Windows v8.73 and looked at all, and I mean there were a LOT of stuff running but didn't find anythig that, at least to me might look like it might be related to ACDSee.
Any other ideas I can try?

#14 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,839 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2007 - 06:57 PM

You don't care about everything running (I forgot that this version is more extensive than the version I'm used to).

Look at the items on the Startup tab only.

Louis

#15 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:14 AM

I'd suspect that you're in for a bit of registry searching with alternative terms (other than ACDSee) - to include the GUID of the ACDSee program.

By any chance did you backup/retain the entries that you've deleted? If so, you can use them to locate at least some of the the next level keys to locate the GUID.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users