Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mikepin

mikepin

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:40 PM

Hello, I am running a dell 2400 series w/ windows xp2/320hd/512mbram...I have 92% free space so I don't think that is an issue. I have seen many issues posted w/IE 7 and I had issues to the point of uninstalling back to IE6 . The only problem I have had (because I mainly run Mozilla firefox) is the address bar drop down kind of flashes but will not show up so another web address saved there cannot be selected. In other words it does not drop down at all but flashes each time I click. Never had a browser problem so I have no idea. I clean all private data on Firefox and through internet options on IE because online class gives me a lot of temps and cookies. disk clean and defrag if I need to. Spybot SD, AVG anti-virus,ZA firewall.
Thanks for any help. Oh I can run HJT as well if need be I know that is another thread. Thanks.
Mike :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikepin

mikepin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:31 PM

Hey guys was this just a stupid question I mean damn 52 views and not one solution??? The drop down on the address bar does not drop down on IE. I also use Mozilla Firefox and it works just fine. Well, I guess when you get to it you get to it thanks.

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:48 AM

Hi mikepin,

It's not so much that your topic was ignored, but the problem isn't quite clearPosted Image

Check the security settings in IE and make sure cookies are being allowed.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#4 mikepin

mikepin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:24 AM

My security settings are fine whether I am using IE or Firefox I accept all cookies. The drop down on IE will not drop down is what is happening. Click he drop down and it just flashes the addres inside but does not drop down to show the url history within it :thumbsup:
Thanks Mike

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:59 AM

The culprit could be the Autocomplete settings.

Go to the Control panel/ Internet Options/ click the Content tab, then click Autocomplete Button.
Check the box for Web addresses, then click Okay and click Okay again to close IE properties.
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#6 mikepin

mikepin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:14 PM

First off thanks for getting back with me did not mean to sound short. Secondly that did it for some reason even though the web address box was already checked. I cleared web address history and hit ok. Re-started IE and waa-laa! Thanks for the help man never even crossed my mind :thumbsup:
Mike

#7 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2007 - 01:55 PM

Glad it's sorted out Mike. :thumbsup:
Sounds like clearing the web address history was an important step.
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users