Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hey Buddy215

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 nav2684

nav2684

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:47 AM

Hi Buddy215,

Here is the report generated by HijackThis shows some viruses (I am not sure whether these are viruses or system files) more. What treatment should I give to these files…….? Should I delete these or remain untouched…….. I am confused here!!!!!!!!

REPORT GENERATED BY HijackThis….

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 2:17:19 PM, on 10/31/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\DefWatch.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\Rtvscan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Nokia\NOKIAP~1\LAUNCH~1.EXE
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\vptray.exe
C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\PcSync2.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\WordWeb\wweb32.exe
C:\Program Files\TVSE\TVS Gold Keyboard Manager\KbMacro.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\PCSuite\Services\ServiceLayer.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Nokia\MPAPI\MPAPI3s.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe SSVICHOSST.exe
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.2] msime80.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCSuiteTrayApplication] C:\PROGRA~1\Nokia\NOKIAP~1\LAUNCH~1.EXE -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\vptray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsServer] msfir80.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PcSync] C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\PcSync2.exe /NoDialog
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Startup: WordWeb.lnk = C:\Program Files\WordWeb\wweb32.exe
O4 - Startup: TVS Gold Keyboard Manager.LNK = C:\Program Files\TVSE\TVS Gold Keyboard Manager\KbMacro.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Sothink SWF Catcher - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SourceTec\SWF Catcher\InternetExplorer.htm
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Sothink SWF Catcher - {E19ADC6E-3909-43E4-9A89-B7B676377EE3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SourceTec\SWF Catcher\InternetExplorer.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sothink SWF Catcher - {E19ADC6E-3909-43E4-9A89-B7B676377EE3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SourceTec\SWF Catcher\InternetExplorer.htm
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O23 - Service: DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Client (Norton AntiVirus Server) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\Rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\PCSuite\Services\ServiceLayer.exe

Though I have deleted the main virus SSVICHOSST.exe.through MSNCleaner but still my computer is showing an error on startup :-

Windows cannot find 'SSVICHOSST.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly,
and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then
click Search.

What should I do to fix this startup problem…....?
What should I do to enable my Task Manager and regedit command through run which was disabled by SSVICHOSST.exe………?
Folder Option from Tools menu has disappeared. What should I do to appear it…….?
Folder Option from Control Panel has disappeared. What should I do to appear it…….?

A BIG THANKS AGAIN……. GOD BLESS YOU

Naveen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 31 October 2007 - 10:03 AM

Hello there and welcome to BleepingComputer.
Buddy215 doesn't deal with HijackThis logs, so I'll be helping you from now on, my name is Charles.

Please print off a copy of these instructions, and also save them to a Notepad file on your desktop, so they are easily accessible.
We are going to boot into Safe Mode later in the fix, and there is no internet access.

Scan again with HijackThis and put a checkmark next to each of the following entries (if present):

Then close all other windows--you should only see HijackThis on your Desktop--and click the Fix checked button.

Please reboot your computer into Safe Mode.
This is done by rebooting Windows and pressing F8 at boot/Windows startup, usually right after the beep.
Then select Safe Mode from the list.
Make sure you choose the option without Networking Support.

Set your system to show all files.
I'm not sure if you will be able to do this since you said it was not possible, but I'm hoping you will be able to do it in Safe Mode.
Navigate to Start | My Computer | Tools | Folder Options.
Select the View tab. Under the "Hidden Files and Folders" heading, select "Show hidden files and folders".
Uncheck: Hide file extensions for known file types
Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
Click Yes to confirm.

Navigate to Start | Search | All files and folders.
Expand More advanced options, check 'Search system folders', 'Search hidden files and folders' and 'Search subfolders'.
Paste this into the All or part of the file name box:msfir80.exe
Then click .
If you find any examples of these, please remove them.

Reboot into Normal Mode again.

Then scan once more with HijackThis and post back the log in your next reply.
Thanks,
Charles

Edited by rookie147, 31 October 2007 - 10:05 AM.

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 nav2684

nav2684
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:03 AM

Hi Charles,

Thanks for helping me… you guys there really GREAT…….
I have deleted the following items from my system and here my startup problem has solved… now my computer is feeling great and healthy…… ha ha ha ha ha ha ha…….

Now my computer shows no startup error….. THANKS AGAIN……
A lot of small errors and problems has solved now even my task manager and regedit command has appeared and it works fine,

All things were working fine till here……..
But when I entered my mobile’s memory chip through a card reader I confronted another problem........ Earlier when I used to double click on my hard drives (on any partition) it would simply open… but now…… whenever I hit a double click on any partition it’s content opens in a new window everytime. Now I have to hit a right click on any one partition to open it its own window……...What is this…????????

Now I am seeing only three menus in Tools:

Map Network Drive…
Disconnect Network Drive…
Synchronize…

No Folder Option is here!!!!!!!!..............hmmmmmmmmm……………!!!!!!!!!!. Even I am not able to navigate the Folder Option in Safe Mode………..hmmmmmm….. What should I do now…….???????

As you described here to do something with msfir80.exe file….. it is confusing for me what to do with this file…….. as you wrote in post…

“Paste this into the All or part of the file name box:
msfir80.exe”

where should I paste it…..????

Well…… after deleting the above items I did a rescan with HijackThis and the report is:-

REPORT GENERATED BY HijackThis

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 2:59:36 PM, on 11/1/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\DefWatch.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\Rtvscan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\algssl.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Nokia\NOKIAP~1\LAUNCH~1.EXE
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\vptray.exe
C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\PcSync2.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\WordWeb\wweb32.exe
C:\Program Files\TVSE\TVS Gold Keyboard Manager\KbMacro.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\PCSuite\Services\ServiceLayer.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Nokia\MPAPI\MPAPI3s.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.2] msime80.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCSuiteTrayApplication] C:\PROGRA~1\Nokia\NOKIAP~1\LAUNCH~1.EXE -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\vptray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PcSync] C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\PcSync2.exe /NoDialog
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [wsctf.exe] wsctf.exe
O4 - Startup: WordWeb.lnk = C:\Program Files\WordWeb\wweb32.exe
O4 - Startup: TVS Gold Keyboard Manager.LNK = C:\Program Files\TVSE\TVS Gold Keyboard Manager\KbMacro.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Sothink SWF Catcher - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SourceTec\SWF Catcher\InternetExplorer.htm
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Sothink SWF Catcher - {E19ADC6E-3909-43E4-9A89-B7B676377EE3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SourceTec\SWF Catcher\InternetExplorer.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sothink SWF Catcher - {E19ADC6E-3909-43E4-9A89-B7B676377EE3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SourceTec\SWF Catcher\InternetExplorer.htm
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O23 - Service: DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Client (Norton AntiVirus Server) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\Rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\PCSuite\Services\ServiceLayer.exe

After deleting the below file………HijackThis shows it again……. Is it any virus???

A BIG THANKS AGAIN…….. GOD BLESS YOU…………..
Naveen

#4 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2007 - 04:10 PM

I mean, copy and paste that filename into the box to search for it. Then delete it if it is found anywhere.

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2007 - 12:47 PM

Due to lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.
If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending me a Personal Message including a link to your thread.
This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users