Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kind of agp440.sys related......

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MisterGadilf

MisterGadilf

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 16 February 2005 - 06:56 AM

So a problem....

The nipper had a problem with his computer - by the sound of it the hard drive was knackered.
Had an old PC and swapped the hard drives - had previously already put in the graphics card and cd/dvd rom, with no issues.
However, adding the HD then caused the annoying agp440.sys error every time I tried to boot.
Having looked at another forum, worked out that the most likely cause of this was the old power unit in his pc, not providing enough juice.
So then put the original HD, cd/dvd rom and graphics card back into my pc where they came from - figured this wouldn't be a problem as this is where they all came from in the first place.
However I now have a new problem - the hd spins and whirrs for about a second on boot up, but then stops completely - the monitor screen stays completely blank.
I am now completely bemused by this, and have no idea what is causing this problem......
Anyone got any ideas what the problem is and how to solve it?????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 16 February 2005 - 06:31 PM

ould be that the original drive, that sounded bad, suddenly died. Happens sometimes .

I would put the new drive in, and disconnect all cd players, remove the sound cards etc, so all you have left are the mobo, hard drive, and video card and see if it works then. That will tell you if its a power supply problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users