Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Return Of...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 siouxdax

siouxdax

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:06 PM

I thought I got rid of this issue, but it turns out that it's back. Please refer to this post:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/113401/svchostexe-crashes-my-laptop/

I'm thinking of reinstalling Windows, but that's a last resort for me.

A friend did tell me that I could call Microsoft with the "Fault Bucket" number and they would direct me to a hotfix. Is this true?

Any help, again, is very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Daniel in Tulsa
(aka siouxdax)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:16 PM

AFAIK, fault bucket errors just indicate that an app has failed to run smoothly, for whatever reason. I believe that the term "fault bucket" is just a Windows tracking thing, with the real details of whatever is wrong...to be found in Event Viewer.

I get them all the time when my video-editing application hangs. Nothing wrong with the app that I can fix and nothing wrong with the way the system balks at the software. Updating the app may cure some of these.

Louis

#3 siouxdax

siouxdax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:32 PM

AFAIK, fault bucket errors just indicate that an app has failed to run smoothly, for whatever reason. I believe that the term "fault bucket" is just a Windows tracking thing, with the real details of whatever is wrong...to be found in Event Viewer.

I get them all the time when my video-editing application hangs. Nothing wrong with the app that I can fix and nothing wrong with the way the system balks at the software. Updating the app may cure some of these.

Louis

Well if that's the case, then my laptop is 'balking' at svchost.exe, which is beyond my knowledge. I guess I'll be calling Mircosoft and start the battle. LOL.

If anyone else has any ideas, they're more than welcome. :thumbsup: And thanks for the input, Louis. Much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Daniel in Tulsa
(aka siouxdax)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users