Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware? My Dvd Player Says Another Program Is Using It

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jfd15

jfd15

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:45 PM

hi,
just wondering if this is anything to worry about or not....the last few weeks ive been formatting a few blank DVD's to put some

files on there, and i keep getting a message similar to "DVD is already in use by another program, continue with format?"

im using Vista, and i dont remember any message like this a couple of months ago, when i also formatted a few DVD's...

i checked for any programs that might have been running that might check the status of the DVD or something and couldnt find
anything, and i just re-installed the original factory image DVDs yesterday and today the same message is there....am wondering
if a rootkit or something is surviving a re-install or is this just nothing?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users