Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Installing Driver Software

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BlueyDude

BlueyDude

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 02:23 PM

First off, I've looked through some similar search results and couldn't find an answer, so if there is a topic that I missed, I'm sorry.

Ok, so I just bought a laptop with the Vista OS. So the first thing I do is try to install my Bell Sympatico High Speed to it. The installation starts fine, maneuvering through the uptight security and all, but when it starts installing the driver, Vista stop script window pops up and tells me there is a problem. I'm trying to use it with an ethernet cable.

I'm searching through a bunch of similar posts and seeing that my laptop is probably not even trying to recognize my ethernet cable at all. I thought it was odd when I plugged in the ethernet and it didn't try to ID it right away. When I plug the ethernet cable in, the green light inside the port turns on, but I can't for the life of me get my laptop to recognize that there is an cable plugged in.

I don't know if anybody is familiar with the Sympatico software, it doesn't seem like it's the problem. Any help on to bring my ethernet cable to life would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users