Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restoring Files & Duplicates

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ILoveLabs

ILoveLabs

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 02:04 PM

I had to use WinHex to restore some files (jpg and crw (raw) files) that were deleted.

Herein lies the problem....

some of the files on my hard drive were 'indexed', some were not (indexed = my way of organizing stuff)
some of the files that were restored were 'indexed', some were not

That being said, is there anyway to automate a process wherein, if the 'date picture taken' (including seconds) and the file size are equal, delete one of the files?

If there is no way to automate this, it is going to take me DAYS (not hours) to do this. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOo bummed right now.

Thanks!
Cindy (Tampa, FL)

NOTE TO MODERATORS: This is NOT the same PC as my Hijackthis thread. Thanks!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:30 PM

Is this something like what your talking about?
Dup Detector - will scan pictures within a file (including subfolders) and present potential duplicates for deletion.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 ILoveLabs

ILoveLabs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:20 PM

tg1911,

You ROCK! I'm so excited to use this utility. Thanks so much for your help!

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:48 PM

Another excellent program, which I use personally, is Duplicate File Finder. It works on any file type and is really, really fast. (I ran it against two folders which were >10GB each and it took only about 3 minutes!). Best of all, it's absolutely free!

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:13 PM

You're quite welcome, ILoveLabs.
Glad I could be of help.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users