Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 adek

adek

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:23 PM

I keep getting the page cannot be displayed message when trying to go to a site using my computer.I can get to this site ok from other computers but when I try from mine I get sent to Windows live search results.When I click on the search result for the site I get the error message.
I can get to the site if I use a proxy.
I am using IE6. The site is fscharts.com.
I haven't changed any of my settings and it just seems to be happening with this site.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:42 PM

Hi adek,

There are many possible reasons why this is happening, and the contributing factors vary for each computer.

Start by clearing old files and settings may be preventing you from connecting to the Internet.

Click Tools.
Select Internet Options.
Click the General tab.
Click the Delete Files button.
When the box opens, put a check in Delete All Offline Content.
Click Okay.
Click Delete Cookies. When you are prompted to confirm this selection, click Okay.
Click Settings.
Click View Objects.
Click View, and then click Details.
If Damaged appears in the Status column for any program file, remove that program file.
Close the Downloaded Program Files dialog box.
In the Settings dialog box, click OK .
Under History, click Clear History, and then click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the selection.
In the Internet Options dialog box, click Okay.

Try to browse the Internet.

Also, see if there is anything in this Micro$oft Article helps: Page Cannot be Displayed.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users