Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reformating (last Resort)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ChemicalxScream

ChemicalxScream

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:20 AM

Hey kids,..where do I start...Oh Yes, My Fiance's computer was previously owned by someone else and they downloaded god knows what on the darn thing and we went through ALL the files trying to find everything that we didn't need or what we would have to delete to make the thing run faster. I swear the previous owners were mental and downloaded stuff just for the hell of it and then sold the computer back to the stupid lightning place and the idiots up there wouldn't even reformat the thing before it was sold off again...We tried to get the refaormating cd's off of the lightning workers but they gave us the dumb excuse that they don't give out reformating disks......but yet they have computers??....Luckily...I get homeschooled and I had a virus on the computer and they sent me reformating disks and gave me the instructions. Now, I would give him the reformatin disks but I can't find the directions for them...I'm pretty sure that there is something that had to be done before I put the disks in but I can't remember...Thats where you guys come in...Would any of you know how to reformat a computer I already have the disks but I need to know if there is a step by step process that needs to be done before or after I put the disks in??? PLEASE HELP. By the way we both have windows XP and the disks are for windows xp.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:22 AM

Clean Install Procedure with Illustrative Screen Captures - http://www.theeldergeek.com/xp_home_install_-_graphic.htm

Louis

#3 ChemicalxScream

ChemicalxScream
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:44 AM

ok I should have also mentioned there are not 1 but 4 reformating disks that need to be put in in order...and that site I think only mentioned 1 disk. If anyone can possibly break down the steps for me that would be greeatly appreaciated....I'm no good with computers :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users