Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trick Or Treating Anyone?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 monkpart9

monkpart9

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:56 AM

Ok so IM 16 and im going trick or treating this year and I was just wondering what the average age to stop trick or treating was? Now please dont picture me as a clueless loser, i mean im partially still trick or treating because of the mere humor out of it, i mean a 16 year old who still trick or treats?! thats ludicrous!...isnt it?

But yea what does everyone think the average age to stop trick or treating is?
Or what age did you stop trick or treating at?
If you do things right, then people won't know if you've done anything at all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:43 AM

I'm 24 and still trick or treat... sort of. My version mostly involves beer and inappropriate gestures.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:57 AM

I see a LOT of teens out trick or treating. If you enjoy it, then do it.
Happy Halloween!
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2007 - 12:51 PM

Both grandkids first Halloween so you know Grandma has to dress them up and show them off. I'll be with them and will graciously accept a beer when offered :thumbsup:
The only thing that irks me with the older ones that come around is when they shove the bag in your face, don't say anything like "trick or treat" and don't say thank you. If they do, I don't care how old they are. Have fun
Mark

Edited by garmanma, 30 October 2007 - 12:56 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Noot

Noot

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:03 PM

I agree with the "If you like it, continue to do it" comments. That's how I feel. I stopped trick-or-treating when I was about 16/17 and not necessarily because I wanted to stop, but because my mom wouldn't help me out. I'm 22 and I don't trick-or-treat, but I would still dress up if any kids came to my house. I know a lot of people trick-or-treated until they graduated high school.

As garmanma said, if you say "trick-or-treat" and "thank you", most people who hand out candy won't mind how old you are. I think there will always be those people who think that if you are over the age of 8, they will think you are too old to do it, but as far as I'm concerned I think it's a holiday for those who want to enjoy themselves and have fun, and of course want a little candy. So, you keep doing it as long as you have fun doing it. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving
that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

#6 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:56 PM

Make sure you have a costume too! I'm not going this year, last year was my last time. I'm 15 now and I use to think it was fun, but it kind of sucks around here because its always raining on Halloween and like 40 degrees out. Not very pleasant. Halloween is still really fun and at school we usually have some parties and the day might be a little bit easier. Have fun trick or treating!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#7 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:58 PM

Here in OZ it's 3pm on Halloween.I have about 1 hrs peace and then all hell breaks loose.LOL. Normally about 40 to 50 groups of 4 or 5 trick or treaters come pounding on my door at about 2 minute intervals.3 or 4 groups are OK,but not when it goes well into the night.
Who thought this up???? :thumbsup:

#8 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:19 AM

LOL DSTM, I agree. We never did this in Germany until a few years ago. We generally have "St.Martin's."

Last year I had 3 groups of kids coming around. They where pretty greedy :flowers: . I did buy some candy for tonight, as I know there is atleast one kid in our house and he will most likely ring all 10 flat parties in our building to the door asking for "trick or treat." (Hope non of the neighbour kids will come, as I dont have that much sweets at home :thumbsup:

Edited by Yourhighness, 31 October 2007 - 06:20 AM.

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users