Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Message When In A Folder With Videos!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LazuR

LazuR

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:38 AM

They say a picture is worth a thousand words so i uploaded this picture to show what my problem is! Every time that i go to that folder, and scroll down a little bit i get this error! For about 4 hours one day after i ran spybot and adaware it didn't do it. But then it started again, so i don't understand! Any help would be great!

Attached Files

Edited by LazuR, 30 October 2007 - 10:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:11 AM

How about checking Event Viewer for clues?

I guess I fail to see why you thought running Spybot would be useful...do you think every time your system manifests an error of any sort...that it involves malware?

Try checking Event Viewer for errors that might be related :thumbsup:. Post detail of same.

What is the Event Viewer, and Should I Care - Ask Leo! - http://ask-leo.com/what_is_the_event_viewe...uld_i_care.html

Louis

#3 LazuR

LazuR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:36 AM

How about checking Event Viewer for clues?

I guess I fail to see why you thought running Spybot would be useful...do you think every time your system manifests an error of any sort...that it involves malware?

Try checking Event Viewer for errors that might be related :thumbsup:. Post detail of same.

What is the Event Viewer, and Should I Care - Ask Leo! - http://ask-leo.com/what_is_the_event_viewe...uld_i_care.html

Louis

Never heard of event viewer but seems like it could be very useful and i didn't turn to spybot to try and fix it, My parents had this computer and it had a lot of spyware and stuff on it. and it seemed after i ran it spybot and adaware that it happened to work for a little bit, but i think it was just coincidence. Here is another picture i went into the folder and checked out event viewer!

Attached Files

Edited by LazuR, 30 October 2007 - 10:36 AM.

#4 VirtueOfPanda

VirtueOfPanda

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:06 PM

Hi LazuR and hamluis,

Sorry to intrude, but I remember before seeing something very much like this...

Lazur, when you open the folder, could you (before you scroll down) go to View > and then List. Does the error message still appear then?

Also, have you recently installed Nero by any chance?

~VirtueOfPanda~
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,289 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:07 PM

Well...if I happen to take possession of a system which formerly was abused/used by someone other than myself :thumbsup:...the first thing I do is wipe everything (delete all existing partitions) and do a clean install.

I don't like trying to "fix" a system that was sabotaged in ways that I may not understand...by someone else.

That makes sense to me.

Louis

#6 LazuR

LazuR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:05 PM

Well...if I happen to take possession of a system which formerly was abused/used by someone other than myself :thumbsup:...the first thing I do is wipe everything (delete all existing partitions) and do a clean install.

I don't like trying to "fix" a system that was sabotaged in ways that I may not understand...by someone else.

That makes sense to me.

Louis

Well it was partly my fault as well, mainly not keeping it up to date. Also to VirtueofPanda I can go to list from view and it doesn't do it.

#7 LazuR

LazuR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:12 PM

and yes i do have nero installed on my computer.

#8 1101doc

1101doc

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:25 PM

Explorer.exe really doesn't like to display videos as thumbnails. Many users actually report explorer crashes at the attempt. I suggest that you collect all videos to one folder, and set it to display as "Details." Errors should cease.
Neurons that fire together, wire together.
posted with Opera

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,289 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:26 PM

I have never had a problem reflecting my video files as thumbnails, although I prefer to see them in detail mode.

I also have Nero 6.6 installed.

The only problem (I've experienced) with moving .avi files can only be attributed to their immense size (ensuring that I have sufficient space).

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 31 October 2007 - 08:55 AM.

#10 VirtueOfPanda

VirtueOfPanda

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:07 AM

Hi LazuR,

The reason I asked whether or not you had Nero installed was due to a bug it has. The error message is caused by it, which doesn't seem to like folders with lots of videos in (especially thumbnails of). A short way to fix this is to put the view as List, Details, etc... - whatever works for you. In the one I encountered, it was the .avi files which set the thing off. You could try moving all the .avi files in that folder to a different location (e.g another folder) and see if the error happens again.

Hmmm, I'm going to have a hunt around, and look for that topic which had the cure for it.

~VirtueOfPanda~
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users