Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very Wierd Frame Rate Problems With Morrowind.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 cliver

cliver

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:05 AM

Ok for some reason im getting very low frame rate in elder scrolls 3 morrowind. My computer is leaps and bounds above recommended. 2.6 pentium 4, 768 ram, and a geforce 7600 gs 512mb video card. windows xp.

This should not be happening.

800 MHz or faster Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon processor; 256 MB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS, or ATI Radeon 7500 or faster video card. Thats the recommended, as you can see my computer should be kicking its ass. So why em i getting 15 frames per second? :thumbsup: :flowers:

Reason why im so much more angry then i would normally be is because i just got done getting that same frame rate in oblivion....

Please someone help me.

Edited by cliver, 30 October 2007 - 07:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:32 PM

you'll probably not get very good frame rates in oblivion with a 7600Gs, but morrowind should be fine. I use to play and would average over 60FPS with my pentium 4 2.8ghz 1gb ram and old PCI slot with crappy bandwidth ATI x1300.

Have you updated your graphics drivers recently at the nvidia website?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 cliver

cliver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:13 PM

Yes i have the newest drivers. I just have avg virus and standard windows processes in the background. Im virus free according to 3 different programs. My video card isnt overheating. Ive defrag'd my hard drive recently. Cleaned out my computer with a can of air.

I have game of the year edition with the two expansions. Newest patch for it to.

Edited by cliver, 30 October 2007 - 05:20 PM.

#4 i have no name

i have no name

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2007 - 03:32 PM

When you are running it how many plugins or "mods" are you using some of them can really slow down your system when used in mass.
My system specs
Small chip that goes fast some spinning things a case, a mouse, and a keyboard and a wonderful rectanlge box of colors.

#5 cliver

cliver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2007 - 04:25 PM

0 mods.

#6 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:21 PM

do you play any other games on your computer that have fps problems? Maybe you should see if the card is overheating. You should clean the case out and the graphics card. Dust builds up very fasts in computer cases, and its a good habit to clean it every so often.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#7 cliver

cliver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:04 PM

^Something tells me someone didnt read one of my posts lol. No i dont have problems with other games i play.

#8 i have no name

i have no name

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:22 PM

Ok when your framerate drops is it at a constant low fps or does it jump up and down when your playing? Try turning down the quality, resolution, and the draw distance and see if that helps if not it could be a hardware issue.
My system specs
Small chip that goes fast some spinning things a case, a mouse, and a keyboard and a wonderful rectanlge box of colors.

#9 cliver

cliver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:25 PM

i get a very small boost with everything lower. It must be a software problem/bug in the game. Only thing i can think of....

#10 4ward_tristan

4ward_tristan

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:29 PM

have any patches been released for this game?
=)

#11 cliver

cliver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:39 PM

Yeah. ill try a reinstall and not apply the newest patch this time and see what happens.

#12 cliver

cliver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:02 PM

ok i reinstalled didnt apply any patches and didnt install any expansions. Inside the boat when you first start i get 125 frames per second(200fps if i look at the ceiling). when i walk out of the boat i get 15 frames. when i walk into the first building i get 90-100. Walk out of there and i have 15 frames again.

I hope that looks a little odd to the rest of you.

#13 i have no name

i have no name

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2007 - 03:36 PM

I should of asked this at a my earlier post but what resolution are you running it at is it really high? Because it sounds like everythings working but when you step outside thats what puts pressure on the gpu
My system specs

#14 cliver

cliver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:48 PM

I probably should of said this earlier but my bad frame rate is in towns only. outside of towns i get around 40 fps and inside buildings i get much higher. 1280x960 resolution.

I gain maybe 5 fps with a lower resolution in towns.

Edited by cliver, 02 November 2007 - 08:50 PM.

#15 greenbere14

greenbere14

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:43 AM

Ahh well I play Morrowind too and I only have fps issues when im around effects like the wierd dust cloud things that are at the bottom of waterfalls and stuff, look at my PC settings which are alot worse than yours. I previously had on 258mb of RAM for my computer and it ran slower than a snail, but 3 months ago i pumped it up with a GB of ram and now my PC runs fast so I'd recommend buying more RAM which is only like 40$ for a GB and that'll clear your problems up (if it doesnt somethings seriously wrong with your game)

Edited by greenbere14, 03 November 2009 - 12:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users