Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hullo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OuterRem

OuterRem

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:13 PM

I hate to be joining a forum under the circumstances I am in, but nice to meet you all.

I am currently awaiting a response at the Safer Networking Forum's Malware removal section. If that doesn't work out I'll be posting back here shortly. (To the correct Forum Section, of course, I have no intentions of breaking your rules nor am I expecting anything in response to this thread.)

It seems my infected computer (not this one), has an error where it logs out seconds after I log in. I get to the point where my desktop background appears and Windows is loading, and then suddenly it's logging me off and I'm at the XP login screen again. All I know other than that is that I am infected with Virtumonde and Spybot is unable to remove it by itself. I need VundoFix or ComboFix most likely, but lack the expertise to operate them properly without instruction.

But all of this is neither here nor there and I wlll be posting it properly, as per your rules, to your own malware removal boards if I remain unanswered by the Safer Networking Forums for another 2 days.

Thank you for your time.

-Rem.

Edited by OuterRem, 29 October 2007 - 11:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:44 PM

Hi Rem, Welcome to Bleeping Computer. :thumbsup:

Thank you for following proper procedure.
Please take a moment to visit the New User Orientation section, to get familiarized with how the board works.

There is also an extensive Tutorials section that offers a wide range of information.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:46 AM

Welcome to this friendly user community!
Hopefully you will have your problem resolved and not need to post here. Have you looked at this BC Self-help Removal Guide?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;hl=virtumonde
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 OuterRem

OuterRem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2007 - 02:36 PM

Welcome to this friendly user community!
Hopefully you will have your problem resolved and not need to post here. Have you looked at this BC Self-help Removal Guide?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;hl=virtumonde

Oh! Thank you!

The VundoFix.exe worked, and I scanned again to make sure it was all gone. But Spybot is still finding Virtumonde & Win32.Delf.uc after I scan. Is there a tutorial I can use to remove these, or is spybot finding a dead virus that it can't remove.

I think I might just go ahead and do a hijackthis scan and post a thread in your Malware section. Something tells me that I still got some issues. I don't even know if I can login successfully yet, or if it will log me back out immediately.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2007 - 10:21 AM

Just remember that once you post your log, you cannot make significant changes to your computer, since these might very well invalidate the data being reviewed by our volunteer team. I would suggest the following:
1. Wait to see if you get further help where you have already posted elsewhere. Following several unco-ordinated sets of instructions can be not only confusing but self-defeating.
2. Close the discussion you began elsewhere, and then follow the HJT preparation Guide for submitting a log here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users