Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not Getting A Video Signal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pjp123

pjp123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:18 PM

So I installed a new motherboard and processor in my desktop computer i built a few years back and now i'm not getting any video signals. The processor is an Intel P4 and the motherboard is a JETWAY PT88BS PT880, both use the LG775 slot. The video card is an ATI something or other, with 256 memory and 8x AGP, (same as the motherboard.) As far as i can tell all the components are right for eachother and i'm pretty well certain i installed everything correctly, but i still get no video signal. The only explanation i can come up with is that the video card was messed up while i was installing everything. Does this sound right to anyone else, or does anyone have any other ideas? One thing that's been bugging me also is that i'm pretty sure i should be getting beeps at start up if theres a video problem, but i'm not getting any at all. The system powers up just like it should, but i get no beeps and no video signal at all. Any ideas would be much appreciated, Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:40 PM

Are the stand offs in the correct position and not contacting any point other than the mounting holes. There could be a short somewhere. Did you make all the power connections the main harness and the 4pin cpu connector? And lastly the motherboard is Dual Channel DDR capable are you using Dual channel mode and if so are the memory modules matched?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:37 AM

Well...you don't have onboard video...so I would try removing/reseating the video card.

It helps to know the exact type of ATI card you have. Did you install the ATI drivers (actually, they normally install from XP)?

And...check all connections.

Since I have no idea what you did when installing, I cannot comment on the chances of your hurting the video card. But I will say that I've not ever experienced such and I'm pretty careless when I get to taking things out and putting them in :thumbsup:.

I have two ATI AIWs, 7500 and 9600.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users