Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Warning! Spyware Threat Has Been Detected Background

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lilyungn

lilyungn

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 29 October 2007 - 04:44 PM

hi i keep getting this black background in red letters that says Warning! spyware threat has been detected on your PC. Under that it says something else and lists an ip..i also keep getting random popups, i tried to use the smitfraud fix which i did in safe mode...it said registry editing was disabled by administrator when it was trying to clean my registry. Also my task manager is disabled. I used every good spyware program nothing is working..PLEASE HELP!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 29 October 2007 - 04:50 PM

Did you use Super Antispyware?

Install Super Antispyware free. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

This Restriction Remover may come in handy, too.
http://www.sergiwa.com/en/modules/mydownlo...cid=2&lid=1
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 lilyungn

lilyungn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:17 PM

yes none of that is working, it seems that the virus is getting through to safe mode also so it doesn't get removed anyone else know whats goin on?

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:48 PM

If you are saying that you were able to install and run Super Antispyware in safe mode and it did not find and remove anything, post a Hijack This log in the Hijack This Forum. DO NOT post the log in this forum.

Look in Add/Remove program for any listing you do not recognize. "Google" anything you don't recognize or post back here.
There is a new rogue out called Sunshine. It can be removed in the Add/Remove program.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/hija...s-installer.php

Edited by buddy215, 29 October 2007 - 07:56 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users