Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Exam 70-270

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Danish989

Danish989

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 29 October 2007 - 03:53 PM

I'm not even sure if this is the right place for this, but I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I'm trying to study for the Microsoft 70 - 270 exam (Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional), and was wondering
if I could get any help on how to study for the exam, and actually, anything at all would be really appreciated.

ps: if this is not the right board for this topic, could someone kindly tell me the directions to the right board?

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:02 PM

Everyone has their own learning style, so there really isn't a right or wrong way to study for
this. Personally, my goal for certifications is to be able to apply the knowledge after
successfully passing the exam. Too many people have the piece of paper, but not enough knowledge,
or experience to apply it on the job. With that said, I normally read the Exam Cram book that
focuses on the exam(twice or three times). Also, I try to do as much hands-on as possible. If it
talks about in the text, also try it yourself on a test computer. Near the end of my studies, I
will try one of the exam simulations that are available for you to purchase. Normally, there is a
"Study Mode" that will give you detailed answers. At work, we have CBT's available for all of the
MS exams. -- They're also very helpful in studying for an exam, if they are available to you.

Can't speak specifically about this exam, but I have written many others as described above without any failures.

Good-luck.
JC

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:07 AM

Make your own notes.
Be able to perform any tasks on your computer. Doing something yourself is much better than merely reading about it.
Pretend someone is asking you about a particular problem or area or step; teaching someone else (even a imaginary friend) how to do something is the best way to learn how to do it.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:40 PM

Get the books and take the practice exams in them. The book will also have notes in the front about the objectives that the exam will cover.

Here's a link to the Microsoft Learning website for 70-270: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-270.mspx
Lot's of good info there also!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users