Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Delet Ca Antivirus?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ya mum

ya mum

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 29 October 2007 - 02:48 AM

i have recently downloaded a ca antivirus trial from thier website. after installing it i bought the ca anivirus internet suite plus. i installed that and it said that i had to get rid of the previos version which was the trial one i downloaded. i uninstalled it and it said it needed permission to delet the rest of the files. after a while i figured out how to do that and now i have deleted it all. i cannot see any files containing ca antivirus. when i go to install the ca antivirus internet suite plus i bought it sayd the same thing that i have to delete the previos versions yet i have and there are no trace of them.????

can anyone help me plz my computer in unprotected from viruses atm. and i am getting very frustrated!!! :thumbsup:

thankyou.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 VirtueOfPanda

VirtueOfPanda

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:32 PM

Hi there ya mum, and welcome to BC

Manual instructions for the removal of CA Anti-Virus 2007 & 2008 can be found here

However, as the instructions may not work due to your own attempt at uninstalling the anti-virus, you may want to consider using System Restore. You could try to restore your system to a date where the anti-virus was still installed and running, and then follow the instructions given at the link.

To use System Restore (presuming you are using Windows XP):

1. Log on to Windows as Administrator.
2. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore. System Restore starts.
3. On the Welcome to System Restore page, click Restore my computer to an earlier time (if it is not already selected), and then click Next.
4. On the Select a Restore Point page, click the most recent system checkpoint in the On this list, click a restore point list, and then click Next. A System Restore message may appear that lists configuration changes that System Restore will make. Click OK.
5. On the Confirm Restore Point Selection page, click Next. System Restore restores the previous Windows XP configuration, and then restarts the computer.
6. Log on to the computer as Administrator. The System Restore Restoration Complete page appears.
7. Click OK.

NOTE: The removal instructions given when the uninstall does not complete correctly requires you to modify the registry. Please back up your registry before attempting (you could use ERUNT).If you are not familiar with working in the registry, then you should NOT attempt to make any changes on your own.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask us

Hope this helps you,

~VirtueOfPanda~

Edited by VirtueOfPanda, 29 October 2007 - 06:34 PM.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users