Hi there ya mum
, and welcome to BC
Manual instructions for the removal of CA Anti-Virus 2007 & 2008 can be found here
However, as the instructions may not work due to your own attempt at uninstalling the anti-virus, you may want to consider using System Restore. You could try to restore your system to a date where the anti-virus was still installed and running, and then follow the instructions given at the link.
To use System Restore (presuming you are using Windows XP):
1. Log on to Windows as Administrator.
2. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore. System Restore starts.
3. On the Welcome to System Restore page, click Restore my computer to an earlier time (if it is not already selected), and then click Next.
4. On the Select a Restore Point page, click the most recent system checkpoint in the On this list, click a restore point list, and then click Next. A System Restore message may appear that lists configuration changes that System Restore will make. Click OK.
5. On the Confirm Restore Point Selection page, click Next. System Restore restores the previous Windows XP configuration, and then restarts the computer.
6. Log on to the computer as Administrator. The System Restore Restoration Complete page appears.
7. Click OK.NOTE: The removal instructions given when the uninstall does not complete correctly requires you to modify the registry. Please back up your registry before attempting (you could use ERUNT).If you are not familiar with working in the registry, then you should NOT attempt to make any changes on your own.
If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask us
Hope this helps you,
Edited by VirtueOfPanda, 29 October 2007 - 06:34 PM.