Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Hav A New Virus Flu Burung

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 budaka1

budaka1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:38 AM

flu burung notepad text, keeps popping up and my mouse movement is restricted to the center

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:44 AM

Welcome to BC budaka1

There seems to be a lot of reports about this today but not much info as to the cause. I will continue to investigate.

You can try using System Restore from a command prompt in "SAFE MODE" to return to a previous state before your problems began?

If that does not work, then do this:

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop. DO NOT use yet.

Reboot your computer in SAFE MODE" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
  • If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

Then try scanning with your anti-virus and any anti-spyware tools while still in safe mode and reboot normally.

Edited by quietman7, 29 October 2007 - 08:02 AM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 sizzla

sizzla

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:49 AM

Hey all i found a neat site that has the tools you need to remove the virus read the full instructions here.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,754 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:23 AM

Although this removal method is from an ICT company in East Africa, I don't know anything about W32.Rungbu Splitter or its creator.

The web site says ICT specializes in high quality web design, application development, animation and database development. I see no mention of malware removal expertise. Until we know more information, the staff at BC cannot endorse or recommend the tool. If you choose to use it, then use at your own risk.

#5 sizzla

sizzla

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:58 AM

LOOOOOOL quietman. You crack me up. The website is actually owned by a Support analyst who works in Kenya. The tool has been proven to work time and again. Don't be surprised that folks down in Africa can know a bit about malware removal. Share the knowledge an give the guyz at Blackyard credit. The tool really works!

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,754 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:20 AM

sizzla, I was not saying the removal method would not work. All I was saying is that BC cannot recommend it at this time.

We only refer our members to use tools created by trusted experts we are familiar with or from any of the major Anti-virus/Anti-malware vendors. This is a common practice at most online web communities. So if we don't endorse something, that is not a reflection on those we do not know or criticism of their technical capabilities.

You made a suggestion and I responded. Leave it at that. I are not going to engage in a debating contest.

#7 sizzla

sizzla

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:23 AM

No pun intended...i understand your situation. I guess only time will tell.

#8 sizzla

sizzla

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:22 PM

Hey pple, just an update on the manual virus removal procedure. There are a number of satisfied customers who posted their gratitude on the blog. I would encourage all of you who succeed to let the world know. Here's just one of them:

hi
it all worked out perfectly fine and i am back up and on the run.
thanx much !

chaipachii

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users