Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pictures Problem Sending

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 katyrosess

katyrosess

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:37 AM

well i have one other problem. when i scan a picture to send to email or take a picture from my desktop or something downloaded and preview the picture before I send it , below the picture will be a forward button and when you press that pictures that I have taken or have looked at from a website come up too. Totally unrelated but I may have read an online magazine earlier in the day and they come up with the forward arrow. I only want to send the one specific picture. Just now I scanned an image and sent it to my other email name. It scanned perfectly on the preview and I sent it to me. I received the email with the picture and forward button on bottom that showed me all pictures I appear to have viewed that day.

How can I make sure when I am sending a picture -especially for business purposes- that, that picture and only that picture is sent. This is troublesome.

Please help.

Many thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:42 AM

The best and easiest solution is to download the JPEG as a file to your hard drive. There, you can manipulate the file (cropping, for example, or reducing its file size). This will allow you to attach the image to an E-mail either when on-line or when using an E-mail client (such as Outlook Express).
This same process can be applied to a web-page if you download the file and convert it to Word, and then send it.
In both cases you are sending a reviewed file.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 katyrosess

katyrosess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2007 - 12:23 PM

okay - blonde moment-

you say to download to hard drive. - how exactly am I doing that?

I have a picture in front of me that i have downloaded from my camera and I want to email thru ourtlook express only that picture. What buttons do I push to download to hard drive. I have right clicked to see if a hard drive menu comes up but maybe its called something else.

Help! Thanks!!

#4 mme

mme

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 07 November 2007 - 12:37 PM

right click on picture
save picture as
in the pop-up name picture
bottom drop menu choose jpeg
click my documents select my pictures
click save

that should save to harddrive

#5 katyrosess

katyrosess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:13 AM

thanks for your reply!
The problem still exists though. My pic is in my picture folder. I can send the picture thru OE, but there is a forward and reverse arrow below it and when you click on it, you can see pics from various websites I have looked at today, instead of just that one indivdual pic.
I just don't get it.
(sigh) any other ideas most appreciated.

#6 mme

mme

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:27 AM

what type of photo program you have
i use photo shop
the gimp
samsung
hp
how do you open you pictures

#7 katyrosess

katyrosess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2007 - 11:34 PM

Hi mme,

Well, I have my pictures in a few places. (sigh). I can go to 'my pictures" and have some there. Or mostly when I plug in my camera, and download them and then all my pics come up I select one from there.

Now, I think I am screwing around too much with my computer because as of a couple of days ago I can't receive pictures. People are sending me jpeg photos which I also just clicked on them to open them and now when I do a "wordpad " comes up and it is all gobble symbols - no pics. I must have clicked on something to convert my pics to opening as a word program or something. I'm getting in deeper here - please help!! What a inept I am.

Thanks for any and all help,
Katyrosess

#8 mme

mme

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:07 AM

try this see if it makes a difference
you say picture opens up in word pad
choose one that does
right click on picture
select properties
click on change
choose the appropiate program to open your picture
click ok

if that works then that picture should open with the program you choose
another thing if that works...you may have to do that to all your pictures
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GOOD LUCK<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:23 AM

Seems a good idea to check and see what program you have currently selected for opening/viewing .jpg/jpeg files.

Start/MyComputer/Tools/Folder Options...File Types tab. Scroll down to .jpeg and .jpg extensions, double-click on each (one at a time) and make sure that an image editor is the default program used.

Word Pad is suitable only for document file types.

Louis

#10 katyrosess

katyrosess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:07 PM

Hamluis -- I love you baby!!!!!

That corrected my problem with wordpad opening pictures. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Give her an inch, she'll take a mile. How about my other problem. If I want to send a picture that I have downloaded to someone via OE, the picture shows up with forward and reverse arrows. When you click on those arrows, pictures from websites that I have recently looked at or other pictures in the file show up in tiny frames. For business purposes, I obviously don't want client to know what I have been looking at.

Any suggestions?? Again- you're the best!!

Thanks!

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2007 - 04:51 PM

Sorry, but I've nothing to contribute about the arrows :thumbsup:, sounds pretty weird.

Remember, there are several ways to send pics to people. I would suggest that you try:

a. Using the insert option of Outlook Express to put pics in your emails. Make sure that the Format/Insert pictures with message option is selected in OE.

b. Generally, you can right-click on any photo, elect the Send To...Mail Recipient option and just that photo will go in an email to the recipient you select from your address book.

I would try each, sending to the same person each time, and see if I still had the situation you describe.

Louis

#12 technophobe

technophobe

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:01 PM

well i have one other problem. when i scan a picture to send to email or take a picture from my desktop or something downloaded and preview the picture before I send it , below the picture will be a forward button and when you press that pictures that I have taken or have looked at from a website come up too.

katyrosess
When you right click and preview a picture in any location, be it your desk top, my pictures or any other folder it will open the picture in Windows picture and fax viewer.
This will always give you the opion to scroll / (forward and back arrows) through the pictures you have in that location (which I guess is what you mean by the arrows under the picture.
It does not mean the person you're sending the picture to will get all thoes pictures.
Either of Louis's methods shoud work.
Or you can click on the paper clip/ attach button in OE and navigate to where the picture is located on your computer and click open (as long as the picture isnt too big to send)
You can always send the picture to yourself first just to put your mind at rest. then you will know exactly that you will be sending in your email.

Good luck

Edited by technophobe, 11 November 2007 - 07:01 PM.

#13 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:07 PM

Thanks for the explanation about the arrows :thumbsup:.

Louis

#14 technophobe

technophobe

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:10 PM

Just a Guess, could be way off :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users