Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Lockup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tkcraw

tkcraw

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:19 PM

not sure what is going on but here is what i am experienceing.

System will ock up on me and i have to hard power down when doing such things as playing games, watching movies.

I have swaped out a few minor parts and still getting the same thing. HD full format clean install. swaped ram sticks. and used a couple different vid cards. Also did during a chkdsk /r while in recovery console that was my reason for swaping the HD. Only other thing that i can think of would be the processor overheating but i figure that maybe someone out there may have a better idea than that.

Thanks ahead for any advise and if there are any further questions then i do not mind just ask

Edited by tkcraw, 28 October 2007 - 09:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 28 October 2007 - 10:17 PM

Over heating is one of the causes of this type of problem. When was the last time that you cleaned out the inside of the case, with attention to the CPU heat sink and fan? Have you looked in the Event Viewer to see what errors are being reported at these times, if you right click on the error in the event column and choose properties you can read the description of the error.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 tkcraw

tkcraw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:45 PM

Thanks for the advice I will definatley clean out the inside of the box. Also i was getting 2 errors in the event viewer. First one i cannot remember but it had smething to do with IIS i think that it may have been DCOM?? Anyhow after the format the second error that seams to come up at the time of the lockup is Service Coltrol Manager. event id of 7023 and the properties message that i recieve there is

The Computer Browser service terminated with the following error:
This operation returned because the timeout period expired

To me that does not sound like it would cause a lockup but that is just a thought not actually researched.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users