Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just joined

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ARGONAUT

ARGONAUT

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 15 February 2005 - 07:54 PM

Its good to see I'm not alone, but then again I guess its testament to the fact that these dame machines have us in the palms of their whirring hands, sitting here looking so innocent for so long, then BANG - hijacks, cant sign into mail, the constant bleep and ding from shutting down unwanted pop-ups, malware etc.... and about 1 month ago i was a virus virgin - now im a fully loaded slut, ad-aware, spy-ware blaster, spy-bots......whats this got to do with making music and communicating with friends. Anyway its real good and I mean reeeeeal good to see people doing something of their own backs for the love of it. If malicious code writers are the empire then i guess you guys are the rebel force - and may the force reside with you always!? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 15 February 2005 - 10:08 PM

You speak truth!

Welcome to BC!

If you have any questions just ask! While you are here please check out the Tutorials! They are packed with tons of usefull info!

Enjoy your stay at BC

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 15 February 2005 - 11:15 PM

The more the WWW becomes a driving force in people's lives, and the more it becomes an engine of civilisation, the more the barbarians want to knock down the ramparts, either for monetary gain, or for the malicious pleasure of it all.
There are real measures you can take to secure your computer. Many of these are discussed in the tutorials. There are applications you can download (mostly free) that will also help; information on these can also be found here. There are forums in which you can ask questions or get help with special problems, as well.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users