Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With External Hard Drive Enclosure Please!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 narcoreality

narcoreality

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:59 PM

I bought a I/O brand hard drive enclosure with usb interface. I installed a 20 gig drive and put in the enclosure and plugged it in and windows didnt see the drive and it dawned on me that the drives jumper was set on slave and not master.
So i decide to take the drive out and change the jumper but..............it wont come out!! It's stuck. I got maybe 1/2 inch out and thats it, the tray refuses to budge. What can I do besides taking a saw and ripping it apart?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 4ward_tristan

4ward_tristan

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:51 PM

as in the drive is stuck in the caddie?

or the jumper is stuck in the jumper-section?

as for your drive - rightclick my computer>manage

in the left-hand payne select disk-management, then a wizard will pop up and follow it from there..

goodluck
=)

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:00 AM

I'm guessing this is a I/O Magic external hdd enclosure, what model is yours? The enclosure should have come with the "Quick Install Guide", does this not address the removal of the hdd?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users