Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2003 Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 mnickels

mnickels

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:51 PM

I am using Outlook 2003 on XP. I recently removed McAfee from the computer. Now, every time I open Outlook, I get two messages. One says C:\Proga~\McAfee\SPAMKI~\McMapi.dll could not be installed or loaded. The other says C:\Proga~\McAfee\SPAMKI~\mskolplg.dll could not be installed or loaded. How do I get rid of these messages?

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 28 October 2007 - 08:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:13 PM

You did not say HOW you removed McAffee.
Security applications (firewalls, AV, etc) normally require very careful removal prcedures as they use very complicated links to the many inside items in Windows.

If you did not use their uninstallation procedure, chances are that everything that should be uninstalled wasn't.
That would include the spam filter connection to Outlook which a clean uninstaller should/would/might remove.
If possible, I'd reinstall McAffee again and then use their uninstaller to clean up.
When all is clean, you can follow up with CCleaner.

If you did use their uninstaller and cleanup, then perhaps you could tweak Outlook in Tools > Options, I believe, by unclicking the McAffee spam addins. Just a guess.

Disclaimer: I do not and did not have McAffee, so above is based on reading the forums.

Edited - here's a link to McAffee removal tool
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninsta...oval-Tool.shtml

Edited by tos226, 28 October 2007 - 08:33 PM.

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:44 PM

Hello mnickels,

I see you have a HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum.

You shouldn't make any changes to your system, while your HJT log is posted, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.
At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

I'm closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team.
If, after your log has been cleaned, you still need help, please PM a Moderator and we will re-open this topic.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users