Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Unofficial Oblivion Patch V2.2.0

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Reviewed Comic

Reviewed Comic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 28 October 2007 - 04:23 PM

Anyone else downloaded this patch? I got it free from baldurdash and Im running into some trouble.

Well, I am a HUGE, a GARGANTUAN, a COLLOSAL fan of cutomized content for games. So, when I got Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion ( from herein being called oblvivion for short ) I played for quite a bit, experiencing the new gameplay feel.. Because Ive never played anything like it, and experiencing morrowinds own world. Its really a good game, sure the A.I. could be better and the environment damage is horrible but those are just balls of dust under the bed. Oblivion is a great game in my book, and let me tell you that not much gets in there. All thats really in there now is Zelda: OOT, Halo: CE, Ghost recon 1&2, and mario.

A few others, but enouph introduction. I downloaded this unofficial patch and seeing how its on fileplanet and quite a few other reputable sites I decided it was worthy for my computer. I loaded my game, I just got out of the imperial sewers and was heading to the arena, so I fast traveled there. Then I realised I had some crap to sell so I decided to fast travel to the market distric.. and my game crashed. So I figured.. allright, this game has its spontanius moments.. I let it slide. But then much to my dismay, no matter what I did I COULD NOT GET IN THE MARKET DISTRICT!! Ofcourse, thats a very very bad thing!

So I decide.. I am only about 10 mins into this game.. Ill start again with another character.

Well, BAD MOVE. Now, the second I hit something with a mellee move my game crashes. Now thats just unplayable right there.

I know I am not the only one with this problem, but I also know that a "mod" doesnt get a 99.9 rating on fileplanet by doing this to whomever desides to download it.

I have the official patch 1.2.0416, it came with the Game of The Year edition that I got. It has everything I think. Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles and such. So far aside from hitting things and entering the market district everything works. But, I need to know if someone here can help me fix this brcause ive done about 30 minutes of searching and I am in a corner here.

Any help would be much appreciated, because I really enjoy custom made content.. not so much uber hacks as, stuff like custom haristyles and better looking weapons. OOH!! By the way, anyone know of a mod where my character can have Sephiroths hair from FF7!?!?! I dream of the day... his hair is awesometastic!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 29 October 2007 - 12:00 PM

If you know , from reading gaming forums,that you are not the only one with the problem, then the unofficial patch may have a bug, and if this is the case, there is nothing much you can do about fixing it. My advice is to remove the patch and await a new version that will presumably have the bug fixed.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Reviewed Comic

Reviewed Comic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:43 PM

Fixed it myself, I have no idea what happened all I know is that something somewhere went horribly horribly wrong.

I cannot even word this one properly and when I am stuck in a cunondrum its time to be afraid. Not only was this problem there from the beginning of the installation but I couldnt even identify it, I even ran the wrong kind of diagnostics! This one seemed to have a will of its own and it purely wanted to blindside me.

It first revealed itself when I went to renstall the official patch, and I got an error message saying "Old data not found".

Well.. allright whatever that meant I knew then it had something to do with the installation so thus I promptly uninstalled the entire game and re did everything.

Now I have the unofficial patch in and it works fine. Oh, and I am still wondering where I can get Sephiroth hair! Hehhe.

Yes I saw the post on other forums that said something uncreative and poorly written.. you know those post that sound something along the lines of "MOD SUXORzZ Cuz I cANT hit NO THIGN!" Anywho, problem solved and anyone who encounters it my only advice is to re download the latest patch and see what happens.

Problem took a total of 3 hours to fix.. ehk.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 30 October 2007 - 10:01 AM

Well, at least it took ONLY three hours instead of ten or twenty, and the game is now running smoothly. Sometimes a reinstall is the best solution---don't forget to run checkdisk (scandisk) and then defrag your hard drive.
And thanks for replying with the solution that worked for you; it may help someone in the future and save them a lot of time and frustration!
Cheers and happy gaming.
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users