Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Do I Do. My Computer Is Acting Weird.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 echohunter

echohunter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:11 AM

I have 2 disk drive. windows is running on c and download and install program on d because its bigger. c drive is 8.05 gb and d drive is 64.4 gb. the day before yesterday my computer was fine. the c drive had like 2gb left but yesterday my computer was slow and it keep saying that I have low space on c drive but how is that possible? because I didn't install or download anything on that drive. i tried disk clean up. deleted internet temp file and other temp file but it still says i have only 3 mb left. after a while it said i had 5mb left but i didn't even delete anything. again after a while it said I had 17 mb left still didn't delete anything. again it went down to 0 bytes left. :flowers: :thumbsup: its automatically doing that. i tried cleaning up using ccleaner. didn't do much good. I scanned with avg anitvirus. also with ad-aware 2007. ad-aware didn't find anything but avg said that the hosts file in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts is changed or infected. it never said that before. it only says that now. i can't even restore because the restore point were deleted somehow. now i am scanning with spybot search&destroy. currently i have 17 mb left.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,482 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:30 PM

AVG does not change your HOSTS file but it will alert you that the HOSTS file has changed since the last scan. If you did not make any changes, then you need to investigate what the changes are.

To view the Hosts file, go to Start > Run and type: notepad %windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

An example HOSTS file is shown here.

You can use TreeSize Free 2.1 to investigate what taking up your hard drive space.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:59 PM

Hello echohunter

I see you have a HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum.

You shouldn't make any changes to your system, while your HJT log is posted, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.
At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

I'm closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team.
If, after your log has been cleaned, you still need help, please PM a Moderator and we will re-open this topic.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users