Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Howdy

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 11 April 2004 - 04:40 PM

Man, what an awsome site. :cool::inlove: I was looking for this site a little over a year ago when I was trying to teach myself computing. Wish I'd had these wonderful tutorials & resources then. I've still managed to learn a lot from forums & other websites but I really like how you've geared this site to be understandable to newbies or, as you put it, don't take for granted that everyone is familiar with the basics. In my opinion, there was a great need for a site like this & I'm glad it's finally arrived. :trumpet:

Hope to learn even more here & share some of the things I've learned, always keeping in mind a newbie's perspective.

Keep up the good work & THANKS! :thumbsup: :flowers:

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_MrSnausage_*

Guest_MrSnausage_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 April 2004 - 08:33 PM

Thanks so much for the compliments!

If you have any ideas for future tutorials or suggestions for the site please do not hold back!

#3 jongleur

jongleur

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2004 - 04:59 PM

What up papa. Thanks for telling me about this little place. Nice board!

#4 Guest_BTW_*

Guest_BTW_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 12 April 2004 - 11:56 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the boards and will be visiting as much as time permits. I'm a Moderator at COU aka: (Hardhead) and we thank you for mentioning and listing our site in Resources Software- Support & Updates. Just thought I would come by and say hello and I will be back as Arnold says.

best regards,
BTW

PS. I really thank your staff has an excellent tutorial guide not to mention all the other goodies.

#5 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,595 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2004 - 01:30 AM

Hi jongleur :) Good to see you over here. :cool:

Well, Mr. Snausage & Grinler, guess I need to fess up. I posted a recommendation for this site over at the MyWay message boards & looking at the members list I see a few familiar names from there. So you might say I've brought some friends along. :flowers: Hope you don't mind or feel invaded. :trumpet:

By way of introduction, I've tried to help some people over at MyWay with what little I know. Hanging around Spywareinfo & Net-Integration I've been fascinated by hijackings & security so I know a little about that, but not as much as I'd like.

I'm also another moderator at COU (AKA Oldkid). So hi to you BTW/Hardhead. And larryd & CalamityKen--these last two got me involved with COU and led me to this site. :inlove: Thanks guys.

And thanks again, admins, for this site. Mr. Snausage, I've got ideas for tutorials (will start another thread for that), but don't know how much time I'll have for it after today. I've got a lot of work to do. :thumbsup:

Edit: Forgot to mention--I added BC to the Computer Help Forums & Malware Removal lists that Ken started over at COU.
http://www.dozleng.com/updates/index.php?showtopic=190

The thing about people

is they change

#6 Guest_MrSnausage_*

Guest_MrSnausage_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 April 2004 - 12:12 PM

Welcome BTW and Jongleur. It is great to see some new faces.

I absolutely do not feel invaded, but rather encourage people to let others know about our board. We are here to help and by not being known its hard to do that :thumbsup:

I have also told some security sites I visit about Calendar of Updates.

#7 Bluie

Bluie

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2004 - 04:27 PM

Thanks PapaKid could not remember where I stumbled across this. It was you on the MyWay board.

#8 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2004 - 09:17 AM

Thanks for letting me know about this site. :thumbsup:
Now I know another good place to go if I get :flowers: confused. LOL!

Pandy

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#9 Bluie

Bluie

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2004 - 02:18 PM

"IF?" Pandy "If you get confused?" :flowers: You are really an optimist or a tyro if you can still say "IF" when you are working with computers. Keep up the cheerful attitude. For me it is always "the next time" :thumbsup:

#10 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 19 April 2004 - 02:45 PM

Can someone explain to me Tyro? I am not familiar with this term

#11 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 19 April 2004 - 04:27 PM

Can someone explain to me Tyro? I am not familiar with this term

Well, Grinler, I went to your Resources section, then References and looked it up on Dictionary.com: :flowers:

A beginner in learning something.

Hey Bluie & Pandy. Really glad to see ya'll over here.

Thanks PapaKid could not remember where I stumbled across this. It was you on the MyWay board.

J'accuse, Bluie? :trumpet: Just kidding. :inlove: I'm really glad you like BC & are diving right in. Hope you'll have a look around Calendar of Updates too. Been meaning to say hi but have had a lot on my plate lately.

Be seein ya around. :thumbsup:

The thing about people

is they change

#12 Guest_MrSnausage_*

Guest_MrSnausage_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 April 2004 - 05:42 PM

Well, Grinler, I went to your Resources section, then References    and looked it up on Dictionary.com:  :flowers:

Were only human ya know :thumbsup: :trumpet: Well at least I am ... no idea what grinler is.

It has been added.

#13 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 20 April 2004 - 10:37 AM

:thumbsup: Thanks for the welcome Papa.

And Bluie... !LOL! That's just a front on my part. Actually... I'm confused right now. :flowers:

Nice place you got going on here. :trumpet:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#14 timberlandko

timberlandko

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 21 April 2004 - 01:02 PM

Howdy ... been lurkin' a while, finally decided to join. Looks to me like you've got a good thing started here. I wish you the best of fortune in this enterprise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users