Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Repair Install Troubles

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 darkside701

darkside701

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:16 PM

I finally got my xp pro OEM so I try to do the repair install and maybe 10 minutes in I get the following error message...

"The software you are installing for this hardware: Nvidia Geforce 6800 series GPU has not passed windows logo testing to verify it's compatability with windows xp."

I then am given 2 options continue with the install or stop it. When I choose continue I get a blue screen of death.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:00 PM

Is the Geforce card the one that came with the computer, or is there another graphics chipset on your motherboard? If the Geforce isn't the only GPU on your computer, try taking that out for the XP Pro installation, then re-installing it when you have the capabilities of downloading and enabling the correct drivers for it.

If the geforce IS the only GPU available..... i have no idea, someone else is going to have to help you.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:03 PM

If you click stop does iit ask you if you want to search for a new driver? It's for your video card
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 darkside701

darkside701
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:29 PM

Interesting I hit no and maybe 30 seconds later the same message popped up and I repeated this several times because it seems that its loading in between and it finishes, but here is the new problem... I was unaware that you need your cd key to do a repair install and I was wondering if ther is anyway to recover the cd key I used on this computer?

#5 darkside701

darkside701
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2007 - 10:02 PM

nevermind I used my laptops cd key and it seems to be working

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users