Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Windows Live Mail

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 auntna

auntna

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:09 PM

I also am looking for some answers regarding Windows Live Mail. I have XP Home Edition and IE 7. I am not able to send email. I receive mail just fine. I had OE 6 and was having the problem there also. I would send email and it would go to the sent file like all was OK, no error message, but my contact did not receive. I deleted the pop3uidl file in case it was corrupted. Still the problem. I finally uninstalled OE 6 and got Live Mail but when I send from it I can't connect. So the mail sits in my outbox. A little different than the OE 6 but same end result. Can't send mail! So what is wrong in my system that is causing this? I also did a search looking for the new pop3uidl files and none were recreated. This may be a problem? Help! :thumbsup:

Mod Edit:Split from active topic ~TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 27 October 2007 - 08:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:18 PM

Hi auntna,

When a program is running in a Beta version, there are bound to be a few bumps in the road, as it's in the Trial stages.
For now, please see if you can find some answers in Windows Live Account - Help Central.
Click on the drop down menu and select Windows Live Mail Beta.

There are also a few links in How do I download my Windows Live Hotmail that could provide some answers.

Edited by TMacK, 28 October 2007 - 11:52 AM.

Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 auntna

auntna
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 16 November 2007 - 10:41 AM

Thanks for your attention to my problem. In all the excitement I failed to see your post and check out the links. I was able to contact Microsoft Support and they took me through a process of elimination to see if any of my startup services (third party software) were interfering with my Windows Live Mail. I found that the Network Associates McShield was the offender so I disabled it in the Startup.
1. I went to Start>Run>msconfig.
2. Under Services check the Hide All Microsoft Services box and click Disable All (if it is not gray).
3. Click the Startup tab, click Disable All and OK.
4. Click OK to restart computer to Selective Startup.
5. In the System Configuration Utility window check the "Don't show this message or launch ..." and click OK.
6. Check to see if the issue still appears in this environment.

If you still have the problem then go back and either start up the services one at a time or few at a time until you can isolate the one causing the problem. Leave that service disabled.

They gave this helpful link. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796/en-us

When I still had the Outlook Express 6 the first thing Support told me to try was to create a new identity because the old one may have been corrupted. I was able to get some mail out but again it was not a reliable solution. I still wasn't getting all the mail out and there were no error messages to warn me. So I just got fed up and uninstalled it and got the Windows Live Mail. And then I had the issue with the Network Associates McShield but since disabling it everything is good now. :flowers: I wonder since I have AVG for my antivirus I had shut off the McAfee and that could have been the leftover service that was interfering? Who knows? I also did a reinstall of the Windows Live Mail and somehow went from the Beta version to the regular version in the process. I would recommend that if you do a reinstall of Windows Live Mail first download the Windows Install Cleanup Utility from the Microsoft website and use it along with the Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel to get better results. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users