Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Software Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 27 October 2007 - 04:49 PM

I tried going to edit my mouse settings today, but it won't let me do anything, and gives me an error about some "setup" process that needs to be run. I installed my Windows Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 a while ago, and everything had been working fine. I customized all the buttons, pointer speeds, wheel scrolling, etc. I installed Intellipoint 6.1, and haven't had a problem with it until now.

Whenever i try to open the mouse options, it always pops up telling me that it can't find the "ip61.msi" setup file. I've googled "ip61.msi" and only came up with 3 non-helpful sites. I tried uninstalling Intellipoint, but it pops up the same error and asks for the same file. I've tried re-installing 6.1, but it says i must un-install the current version before re-installing. I've also tried installing 6.2 (most recent), yet it says there's not enough room on my f: drive. I have about 90 gb's free on that drive, and that's not even the one i want it installed to, but it doesn't give me an option to install to my C:......

So, i seem to be at a standstill. I can't modify my mouse settings, the thumb buttons on the mouse aren't working anymore, and i would love to be able to change the scroll speed and pointer acceleration. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Also, not sure if this goes here or in the XP forum. It's technically a problem with the software of a seperate piece of hardware....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2007 - 05:36 PM

.msi is a windows installer file. Try downloading and running the Windows installer cleanup utility
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 4ward_tristan

4ward_tristan

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:13 PM

if that link suggested by garmanma doesnt work,

download and run dial-a-fix: http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix

i would uninstall mouse drivers, reboot, run dial-a-fix (pretty straightforward to use), reboot, reinstall mouse drivers.

goodluck
=)

#4 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:56 PM

.msi is a windows installer file. Try downloading and running the Windows installer cleanup utility
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
Mark

Weird..... i used that program to clear out the 6.1 install, but my mouse properties still show my microsoft mouse..... Intellipoint is no longer on my list of "Add/remove programs", but it's still active. However, the mouse's control panel works now, so no more error.

Thanx for the link and the information garmanma. One question though: in the future, if i want to un-install this mouse, how would i go about doing that? Or would i just install a new mouse over it.....?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users