Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need A Little Assistance.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gary681

gary681

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:19 PM

Heres the prob:any audio playback on my media players skips. i have also noticed that my computer is taking longer to start or run a program. i have pc-cillen, updated. i have done a disk clean up and also a defrag. i ran a scan disk it locked up the first time, then i ran it a second time and it didnt find any probs. this computer just started this all of a sudden. havent installed any new programs. under task manager all of my processes are almost microsoft based. but a couple of them fluctuate at 99%. maybe thats normal? i have a hijackthis log file, but im not sure where to post it. the computer is an HP Pavilion dv8245nr AMD turion 64. 1.79ghz, 1.0 gb of ram running windows xp 2nd edition. anyone have a clue what i might need to do? thanks,Gary

(Moderator edit: added Topic Description and moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 28 October 2007 - 12:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:23 PM

First, take a look in Event Viewer. Your concern will be errors, not warnings. All 3 tabs.

What is the Event Viewer, and Should I Care - Ask Leo! - http://ask-leo.com/what_is_the_event_viewe...uld_i_care.html

When chkdsk locks up, it's usually a sign of a hard drive problem, in my experience.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 27 October 2007 - 03:24 PM.

#3 gary681

gary681
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:41 AM

I ran event viewer and i had a lot of svchost.exe errors. but earlier in the year a had a ton of crypt32 errors. couldnt find a fix for them. i'm lost..lol thanks, louis for the help!!

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:51 AM

Here's a couple of explanations on crypt32
eventid.net
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317541
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users