Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

This Gets In The Way Of My Social Life. Honestly.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DrClash

DrClash

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 27 October 2007 - 01:54 PM

I have a realy BAAAD problem. :thumbsup:

I don't exactly remeber when it started doing it, but I don't care. It needs to be stopped.

My computer freezes at random times. Very bad times, when I don't need it to stop working. (Well, I never do. Being a hardcore Toontown fan, all of my "work" is important.)
Not just "Blahblah.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" or extreme re-buffering, without warning, it just STOPS. No audio is heard, the mouse can't move, the screen doesn't move, and nothing will EVER happen. I have to manually re-start the computer. BUT, it ONLY happens when the internet connection is ENABLED.

I do have Web-Nexus pop ups, but the freezing has been happening for three years, even if Norton anti-adware was on.
I mean, I have a LOT of bad stuff on my computer that won't go away.

My XP computer is begging of you. Nah, actually it's on their side by now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,547 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:21 PM

I think you need to get it clean before anything and probably post a HJT log (since it sounds to me like you really have not been overly concerned with fighting malware of any sort.

If I had a problem of any sort with my system, I would start with a check of Event Viewer. I don't have malware problems.

What is the Event Viewer, and Should I Care - Ask Leo! - http://ask-leo.com/what_is_the_event_viewe...uld_i_care.html

My next step would be to run chkdsk /r from the Recovery Console or from My Computer.

How To Run CHKDSK In XP - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;en-us;Q315265

Step 3 would be a defrag.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users