Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijackthis

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 15 February 2005 - 03:20 PM

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 3:09:26 PM, on 2/15/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\carpserv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\LClock\LClock.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\WHATPU~1\WHATPU~1.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\110539~1\EE\AOLHOS~1.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\110539~1\EE\AOLServiceHost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOLDialer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LClock] C:\Program Files\LClock\LClock.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WhatPulse] C:\PROGRA~1\WHATPU~1\WHATPU~1.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {4A3CF76B-EC7A-405D-A67D-8DC6B52AB35B} (QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class) - http://aolcc.aol.com/computercheckup/qdiagcc.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5co...b?1105136137848
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{BC77E67F-D674-4669-A025-7D977F3447F0}: NameServer = 205.188.146.145
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service - America Online - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
O23 - Service: AOL TopSpeed Monitor - America Online, Inc - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Macromedia Licensing Service - Macromedia - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared\Service\Macromedia Licensing.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe

i haven't been having any realy problems, but my speed on my computer has been significally slow lately... but yea... i thought something in here might have something to do with it...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 daveai

daveai

• Members
  • 266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:54 PM

Thanks for sending your HijackThis log.

You have one very minor thing to fix with HijackThis:

Run HijackThis, and press Scan, and put a check against the following entries, if they still show up. Make sure all browsers and program windows are closed except for HijackThis.

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =

Once you have selected all the items for HJT to fix, and remember to make sure all browsers and program windows are closed except for HijackThis, then click fix checked.

I do not think it will affect the performance issue you describe.

Just to be sure you are not dealing with something hidden from HijackThis, you may wish to run a few general scans:

1 -- After checking yourself against the following instructions, run AdAware and Spybot Search and Destroy:

Please see How to use Ad-Aware to remove Spyware for instructions on how to download, install and then use this software.

Please see How to use Spybot to remove Spyware for instructions on how to download, install and then use this software, which may catch things that Ad-Aware misses.

2 -- Now, reboot normally and run at least two of these online virus scans (Or more if you wish.), reboot after each scan:

RAV<<<Add a check by 'Autoclean', leave everything else as is.

eTrust<<<'Cure' whatever is found, then delete if unsuccessful

Housecall<<<Put on 'Autoclean' and delete what it can't clean.

Panda ActiveScan<<<Accept default settings

If the above find things to clean, please re-run them to be sure the infections are gone. If not, please tell me what could not be cleared out.

If anything is found, report back to me and send along a fresh HijackThis log.

I'll also suggest you review these general prevention steps to keep one's computer clean and secure. You have already taken a few of the steps, but it never hurts to take a quick look :thumbsup:

1 -- Be sure you update your anti-virus software at least once a week. There are several very good free programs available.

2 -- To reduce re-infection potential for malware in the future, I strongly recommend installing three free programs: SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard, and IE/Spyad.

3 -- Use AdAware SE and Spybot S&D to regularly to scan your system.

4 -- Continue to make sure that both Internet Explorer and Windows are kept current with the latest critical security patches from Microsoft. To do this just start Internet Explorer and select Tools > Windows Update, and follow the online instructions from there.

5 -- I strongly recommend that you consider using a Firewall. Just by using a Firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly. Check out what Lawrence Abrams has to say at Understanding and Using Firewalls

An excellent overview is: So how did I get infected in the first place?. Be sure to visit the browser test link at the end of the article to really see how secure your system is!!

Thanks
daveai
"Applying computer technology is simply finding the right wrench to pound in the correct screw." Anonymous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users