Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore Not Working

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 dtop

dtop

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Location:Moon Township, PA (Near the Pittsburgh International Airport
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 27 October 2007 - 12:09 PM

When I try to do a system restore it looks like it is going through the process and then at the end it states "Restoration Incomplete" No changes have been done to your computer. I had a similar problem when I was running ME and I had help here to fix it, but I don't know how with XP.
Thank you for any help,
Have a great day,
Dtop

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wagepacket1

wagepacket1

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 27 October 2007 - 12:16 PM

When I try to do a system restore it looks like it is going through the process and then at the end it states "Restoration Incomplete" No changes have been done to your computer. I had a similar problem when I was running ME and I had help here to fix it, but I don't know how with XP.
Thank you for any help,

was the restore date one that you made or an automatic made by pc ?
Have a good day .
do you
you like the car ?

#3 dtop

dtop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2007 - 01:28 PM

it was a automatic one made by the computer.......
Have a great day,
Dtop

#4 wagepacket1

wagepacket1

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:11 PM

it was a automatic one made by the computer.......

Hi ,
Can i ask what are you using system restore for ?
have you tried to make your own restore point ? has it worked in the past ?

Edited by wagepacket1, 27 October 2007 - 03:12 PM.

Have a good day .
do you
you like the car ?

#5 dtop

dtop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:34 PM

Ray,
I use it if I install a program on my computer and I decide I don't want it, I use it to remove the program and all it's files. I usually use a restore date that is already on the calendar.
thank you for your help,
Have a great day,
Dtop

#6 wagepacket1

wagepacket1

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2007 - 03:21 PM

Ray,
I use it if I install a program on my computer and I decide I don't want it, I use it to remove the program and all it's files. I usually use a restore date that is already on the calendar.
thank you for your help,

dtop
hello once again .

Edited by wagepacket1, 28 October 2007 - 03:59 PM.

Have a good day .
do you
you like the car ?

#7 Bonneville

Bonneville

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 28 October 2007 - 03:32 PM

:thumbsup:

Hiya,

I may have misunderstood your post, but are you saying that you restore your system if you do not like a particular installed software, rather than uninstalling the program the usual way ?

Regards,

Tony
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream ?

#8 wagepacket1

wagepacket1

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2007 - 03:45 PM

Hiya,

I may have misunderstood your post, but are you saying that you restore your system if you do not like a particular installed software, rather than uninstalling the program the usual way ?

Regards,

Tony

dtop hello once again .

Did you sort it out yet mate ?
You dont need to do it that way ,it takes longer , you have to wait untill s/r goes through its action ,
I either uninstall the programme from the start/programme list and if it says uninstall i would use that , some times it doesent give you the power to uninstall /remove . So i then use add/remove from the c/p .
Did you do what i said about creating your own restre point , to see if that works .

Edited by wagepacket1, 28 October 2007 - 04:01 PM.

Have a good day .
do you
you like the car ?

#9 dtop

dtop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:35 AM

Ray and Tony Thank you for your replies,
I have removed programs before using the add/remove option, but I always think that some files are left on my computer that I don't need.
On Oct 12th I did a up-date for Adobe and I inadvertently installed their photoshop. Then it automatically installed over 1000 photo's from "My Pictures" to that program. I then did a restore to a earlier date to remove that program because I thought it slowed down my computer. Needless to say I did some house cleaning and put the majority on CD's.
A few days ago I tried to install a widget from Yahoo to my desktop and it didn't install so I tried to use it again and that is when I found out it didn't work.
I did as you said and made my own restore point and I still got the same results.
As you can see I am not a computer expert, but I am learning a lot the last 5 years.
Thank you for your help,
Have a great day,
Dtop

#10 wagepacket1

wagepacket1

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:25 PM

Ray and Tony Thank you for your replies,
I have removed programs before using the add/remove option, but I always think that some files are left on my computer that I don't need.
On Oct 12th I did a up-date for Adobe and I inadvertently installed their photoshop. Then it automatically installed over 1000 photo's from "My Pictures" to that program. I then did a restore to a earlier date to remove that program because I thought it slowed down my computer. Needless to say I did some house cleaning and put the majority on CD's.
A few days ago I tried to install a widget from Yahoo to my desktop and it didn't install so I tried to use it again and that is when I found out it didn't work.
I did as you said and made my own restore point and I still got the same results.
As you can see I am not a computer expert, but I am learning a lot the last 5 years.
Thank you for your help,

Before you next " think" that there are files left from d/l this and that , Have a look at what i said .

I would use the search option thats on the start menu. type in the name of the file what your looking for
and it should show you where the files are , you can then delete them . It worked for me mate .
you can also have a look in your programme files . To see if there are still more files on pc .
with regards to update adobe , you inadvertely installed their photo , you can get rid of that , it wont affect Adobe .

Edited by wagepacket1, 29 October 2007 - 02:23 PM.

Have a good day .
do you
you like the car ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users