Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stop Error When Playing Battlefield 1942

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Taima

Taima

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:43 AM

I've had Battlefield 1942 for a couple of years now, and since shortly after I bought it, it's been running horribly so I've stopped for quite some time. I got a new HDD and formatted it and everything, installed windows, drivers for audio and video cards, etc.

It used to be that my computer would restart anywhere from 5min - over an hour randomly as I played. I don't do anything special that would make my computer restart, it just does so when it feels like it. I've made a few attempts to solve this problem before but nobody's been able to help. I've been told to allow all refresh rates which they already are so don't bother with that one. I think it runs better when I lower the video settings or I was just getting a lucky run. But either way, I shouldn't have to play on low detail with a game that my computer can play without much of a problem (except for this one).

Yesterday though, I decided to make it so that the computer doesn't automatically restart itself so I can get the error.

For the record, I know it's not my video card overheating because I checked the temperature on it shortly after and it was at a nice consistent 50C and these things can get way hotter. That, and it's been mentioned but ruled out in earlier attempts to solve this problem.

My System Specs Are:

Windows XP Professional
AMD Athlon XP-M 2800+ 2.13Ghz
512MB RAM
nVIDIA GeForce 6200 256MB OC
Sound Blaster Audigy SE

The error I receive on the BSOD is:

STOP: 0X0000007E (0XC0000005, 0X4592B26E, 0XBA56FBB0, 0XBA56F8AC)

Thanks.

Edit: Just tried playing it again, got another stop error

STOP: 0X0000007E (0XC0000005, 0X45F1F26E, 0XBA22EBB0, 0XBA22E8AC)

Edited by Taima, 27 October 2007 - 10:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users