Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstaller

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MrMikie

MrMikie

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:32 AM

:thumbsup: I am looking for an uninstaller application that 1)..monitors all installs on the computer including registry keys and 2)...will completely delete/remove the same application when it is uninstalled. I currently have Youruninstaller, REVO, and Total Uninstaller. None of which are presently loaded on my computer. I was wondering if there is such a thing as a good, complete uninstaller application?! I did install REVO the other day and performed an uninstall. But the file/folder was still on the C-drive and had to search/verify registry keys to be removed. Any suggestions appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:54 AM

At the present time I'm using Total Uninstall, but I've also looking for something that does a better job.
I've been looking at REVO, and ZSoft Uninstaller, as an alternative.
Haven't had the time to try ZSoft yet, but it's something you may want to look into.
Thanks for the information on REVO.
That's one less I need to try out. :thumbsup:

If you try ZSoft, please let us know how it works.
I'd be interested in knowing, if it works any better than Total Uninstall.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:32 PM

I have used both the last freeware version of Total Uninstall and the paid version - and find it to be very handy. I liked the last freeware version but it didn't have a monitoring feature (that'd detect my installations without me having to watch for it) - and the paid for version (which does watch for installations) isn't (IMO) intelligent enough to catch all the installations that I perform.

With the log file from Total Uninstall you can remove all traces of any installed program - but some of the traces may not be easy to remove. Software makers will insert stuff onto your hard drive and in your registry that they just don't want removed when you're done with their program. So it becomes a battle between you and the software writers.

Reminds me of an attempt at work to remove Norton 360. The customer installed it with the wrong date in his BIOS - and it wouldn't uninstall using the uninstaller. We had to go in and search the registry for Symantec/Norton keys - and then delete the keys one level above those in the registry in order to get the program to reinstall (still don't know why he wanted to reinstall it after all the trouble he had with it!).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Dryver

Dryver

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:05 PM

Hello, I've tried a couple uninstallers and the one I now use is included in Glary Utilities free version, it seems to do a pretty good job of keeping track of installs, after a uninstall it usually asks if you want to get rid of the leftover remnants, and you can go through them one at a time. I always follow up with an Agent Ransak search, this works for me. The only problem I ever had was getting rid of Sunbelt Counter Spy, which had no uninstaller, but Garmanma here at BC helped me out of that jam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users