Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Introduction?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Horatio

Horatio

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Location:8900 ft (in the forest on the side of Twin Sisters Mountain, above) Estes Park, Colorado
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:13 AM

How did I get my Name-Handle? It goes back over 70 years.

There were 10 of us guys who, during our Wisconsin grade and high-school years, 'came to be known' as Tiptoe, Flip, Flop, Emil, Henry, Moon, Moose, Geezel, Herkimer, and Horatio. Our actual names were Eugene, Clarence, Willard, James, Jack, Marvin, Bill, Alvin, Arthur, and Richard. (Me). Those of us that are left (we're all in our 80s now) still are known in our home town by the aquired names. (We took the names in 4th or 5th grade, looking ahead, just in case we ever got in trouble we could all give our chosen names with very practiced straight faces. But no one ever got into trouble that amounted to anything. Three of us because clergymen, and started out as the rats of the pack!). Beyond that, by the time we were half way through high school everyone had forgotten our real names (including most of our mothers), so our 'ruse' was pretty much for naught. Anyway, I still use Horatio on the internet--which is a heck of a lot better than 'Dickie' which is what my Mom called me.........

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:25 AM

Hello, Horatio.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Please take the time to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.
If you have any questions about how to use this site, this forum will probably answer them.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:38 AM

Posted Image Horatio
It's good to see you here at BC :thumbsup:

BBPP6nz.png

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:14 PM

Horatio does just fine.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users