Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Center Customization

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 d3k0y

d3k0y

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:48 PM

I have had Windows Vista Ultimate for the past few months and this is the first time that I have had an operating system from Windows that had media center on it. So far, my relationship with media center is a love / hate one. Media center has a beautiful graphical interface and is remarkably easy to use...but it is lacking it something far more important - functionality and customization. I googled around and found a few garbage links leading to thinks like MCE Customizer which increases the customization to a very small degree, and all features that I am not interested in changing. I was wondering if anyone knows how to customize this, knows of a program that can, or can point me in the right direction if such a post has been made before (I looked and couldn't find anything). More specifically, what I am interested in customizing: continuous video playback (i.e. playlist, as in all other media players), removing and adding particular files / folders (MC only allows you to add folders and remove them but there are folders I want to add with files in them that I don't want added to the library), change the background of media center, way that videos/pictures/etc. are displayed graphically, etc. Any information on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

d3k0y
"I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?'"

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici..."

"Not much really" - Sidis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users