This Pc has had internet access until a few days ago. The onboard network card will not connect the internet. The driver installs, the network connection says it send packets, but does not receive them.
Here is what I've tried:
1. Installed a 2nd and 3rd Nic. They did not connect either. The drivers installed properly. Device manager did not show any errors.
2. Confirmed the Nic(s) are enabled.
3. Changed network cables. I have two separate network cabled plugged into the router. I set this PC up next to a working Pc. I moved the cable from the working PC to the bad pc. On the bad PC, I can ping the router and receive 4 replies, but when I ping it, I get a beep along with a graphic character on the first line. The OY on the line below look like graphic images.
It looks like this: Pinging OY with 32 bits of data:
This happens on all the cards I've tried.
I have specified IP, gateway and dns addresses with no luck
I have specified OBTAIN for all addresses with no luck.
There might be spyware or a virus on this Pc. Here is what leads me to think so:
4. Panda AntuVirus/Firewall is installed. I checked it and found icon for it looked weird because there was no icon showing. I checked the start menu and found the same thing for the programs in its start menu group.
5. I went to add/remove programs but it will not allow me to uninstall it. I stopped the services and made them manual, but it did not help. I want to install Norton antivirus 2008 on it. I know it much better.
Can someone help?
Edited by tonytis, 26 October 2007 - 04:23 PM.