Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crysis Is Almost Here, Can You Run It?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 26 October 2007 - 02:15 PM

It looks like the Crysis demo will be out very soon. Do you think you're computer will be able to run it? Apparently the link below will test your specs to the minimum and recommended specs of the game and let you know where your system will pass or fail. I passed, but my 7800gt is a bit dated.

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_crysis_home.html

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 i have no name

i have no name

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 26 October 2007 - 03:40 PM

Well my computer can run it in the recommended area, and i think the game got leaked out on the web is this true?
My system specs
Small chip that goes fast some spinning things a case, a mouse, and a keyboard and a wonderful rectanlge box of colors.

#3 Wizdabest

Wizdabest
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2007 - 03:45 PM

I don't know, I believe the demo ought to be out tomorrow though.

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:01 AM

Wow! Can't wait till my motherboard comes back from the RMA on Wednesday or Thursday! Do you think 1gb ram, 3.0ghz Pentium 4 with HT, an ATI x1900GT all running on windows xp will work? I'm going to jsut play on basic settings like 1024x768 resolution (stuck with a 15 inch monitor :thumbsup: ), Medium settings, and AA, AF, etc. all off.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#5 i have no name

i have no name

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2007 - 10:11 AM

Well i just check some p2p sites and its there but i am not sure if its just demo or full version, i dont want to download it to find out.
My system specs
Small chip that goes fast some spinning things a case, a mouse, and a keyboard and a wonderful rectanlge box of colors.

#6 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2007 - 04:43 PM

The one on Nzone.com is just a demo.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#7 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:22 AM

Well i just check some p2p sites and its there but i am not sure if its just demo or full version, i dont want to download it to find out.

Full version should be out in Nov., the singleplayer demo is out now.
http://www.crysisdemo.com/

You have to have a pretty nice rig to run it comfortably with all the pretties. I ran it over the weekend and let me tell you, it is MAGNIFICENT. Bar none, it's the best looking game around, especially with the graphical options up to full (better rev up your 8800's, gentlemen). Not only that but the combat is inspired. Gun customization on-the-fly is very handy, the suit powers (strength, armor, speed, cloak) are tons of fun, and nearly all of the environments are completely destructible. You can punch buildings down, rifles can cut down vegetation, you can even shoot out the tires on enemy vehicles.
This is pretty much game of the year, folks.
Posted Image

#8 i have no name

i have no name

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2007 - 03:58 PM

I cant wait to play it it looks good, but i need to wait 8 hours for download times. Hoping my connection doesn't drop, like it usually does
My system specs

#9 Wizdabest

Wizdabest
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:45 PM

The one thing that has me worried is that it's from the guys who made Far Cry and I really disliked it. Graphics weren't so bad, but everything else was mediocre and cheesy.

#10 i have no name

i have no name

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2007 - 03:34 PM

I just played it and let me tell you that the graphics are awesome, even though the game was a little buggy to me. I have 2 8800gts 640mg in sli and i could not run it maxed i had to run it mostly on medium and high at 1680x1050 resolution with 2x aa.
My system specs

#11 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:01 PM

The one thing that has me worried is that it's from the guys who made Far Cry and I really disliked it. Graphics weren't so bad, but everything else was mediocre and cheesy.

The story was tons of cheese. The mutant enemies weren't very inspired either.
However, once I got a feel for it, the combat against the regular soldiers was awesome. The real trick to it is using the vegetation as cover. The AI is RELENTLESS once it spots you, hence you'll die in most toe-to-toe battles, but the fact that you are essentially completely invisible if you go prone in some underbrush adds a very inventive stealth element to the game. Crysis keeps this tradition, and adds to it by giving you temporary suit invisibility. With this cloak the mode of the gameplay is completely up to you. You try your luck going Rambo with guns blazing, you can snipe in and out of cover, OR if you're careful enough you can pull off your objective without ever being spotted, not a shot fired.

Also although the game isn't completely non-linear (you basically have objectives at various checkpoints you have to complete), any time you're above ground you have near complete freedom of movement on the map, meaning you can move on your objectives from several different approaches, which usually alters the dynamic of the battle. The combat is pretty much completely unscripted, it really is You vs. the AI, no holds barred.
Posted Image

#12 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:31 PM

OMG, this game is amazing! I already beat the demo on normal then hard. I could even run it on medium-low settings 1-24X768 resolution (15inch lcd) getting usually 40+ FPS (except in big gun fights, in opened areas). The graphics still look really good.

#13 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:10 PM

The graphics do look amazing, and I was in awstruck. But god damn you can't get headshots or shoot accuratly with any of those guns. Pistols were about as accurate as the rifles.

I was also happy that my X1950 Pro, Athlon +3500, 1GB. Ran it in 1440x900 at medium with a good solid 25-30 frames (Very playable). As I do like the combat except that the guns suck and enemies take like 5 shots to die.

All in all I liked the demo except that when I wanted to crank up all the settings to just see how nice the game looked for myself I couldn't find a nice place to look and admire the scenery without Korean's shooting at me relentlessly.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#14 nightspydk

nightspydk

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:02 PM

Ran fine on my 8800gts 640mb on dx9, but I cannot unfortunately say I was impressed by anything, except it did look cool.

Here's some info on what to expect and next page a beta crysis driver.
http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=c...view&id=559

Still I dod hope you have fun. :thumbsup:

#15 lost_case

lost_case

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 18 November 2007 - 05:58 AM

I certanly can't run it...
With computer like mine, you can't run almost anything! :thumbsup:
People live to learn, and learn to live...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users