Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista Upgrade Did Not Finish Installation

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 gian0819

gian0819

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:50 AM

hi. i'm currently using Windows XP pro sp2. i decided to change it with windows vista so that i can hav my pc a new look. my system is 2.66ghz intel celeron. i have 512mb of ram and nvidia geforce FX5500 256mb HDD 80gb and 20gb. i used the 20gb for XP media center edition.

im installing vista in place because i do not have a dvd burner. so i began with the setup and at first it went well. and after 4 long hours, it finally reached the "completing installation"stage. since it was too long again to wait i decided to leave the computer. and when i returned the screen showed choices on how to start vista. its the one with safe mode, safe mode with networking last known good configuration and start windows normally. from then on i feel that there is something wrong because that screen should only show up when windows has not successfully booted up. so i chose start windows normally.i saw the green progress bar but after that, the screen goes blank and the reboots. and when it reboots, shows again that windows has not started up correctly. and then i chose safe mode. it booted up but said that installation cannot be completed in safe mode and needs to reboot.i still haven't rolled back the installation.

what will i do?tnx in advance!
"you cannot please everyone...but you"
Intel Celeron D 2.66 ghz
Windows Xp Media Center modded with vista styles
512+256 mb ddr geforce fx5500 256mb
80+20 gb Seagate Hard Disks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users